Kids Road Racing Training, Tameside Circuit Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
We missed last week too. Did a family ride along the canal from Ashton to Castlefield for lunch then back. It was amazingly interesting going under the Piccadilly area beneath all the buildings and along Canal St (gay village!) down to Deansgate locks. We didn't get home until 5.30 and everyone was shattered after the 18 miles so getting to the track for 6pm was out of the question.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
May / May not now be there - wife and kids visiting friends in Sheffield, and they are still there now !

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Little Miss went along last week also, and she 'seems' to have enjoyed it - made friends with another girl of a similar age. Going back this Wednesday with both again !

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Little Miss went along last week also, and she 'seems' to have enjoyed it - made friends with another girl of a similar age. Going back this Wednesday with both again !
It's a shame about this because I would really like my boys to do the track training (not that they need any encouraging to ride and they are getting quite good on the roads now) but with Mrs Skol being unable/unwilling to take them when I am working and the fact that it clashes with their established cubs/beavers sessions it just isn't possible.
The cold decision is that, much as I/they like cycling, if they don't do the track cycling session they will still do lots of cycling anyway but if we stop the cubs/beavers then they will lose a big chunk of their out of school activities :sad:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Shame that, but you can only do so many things and some have to take a back step.

My son's dropped the Drama/Theatre group on Tuesdays as he is waiting to see how many after school clubs there are at high school - he's already on the drama group. Even Scouts was missed last night.

We now only have Friday and weekends free. Monday, Dance and Scouts, Tuesday Drama, Wednesday Cycling, Thursday Brownies.

Back to the cycling, Little Miss's bike is already getting an upgrade - the front mech that's fitted is made of cheese - way too much flex in the cage and pivots, meaning crap up shifts. Ordered a SRAM X3 front to match the rear X3. Shame such a crap front was fitted, as the X3 rear is brilliant for the bike price !

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Upgrades on kids bikes :rolleyes:
Youngest's bike keeps throwing the chain off the front/single chain ring for no reason. Only thing I can think of is that the chain is terribly worn (I measured it a while ago at more than 1% :whistle:) but thought I would just leave it alone to mash the freewheel. I then considered a new chain and freewheel but started to itch for an upgrade so looked at mega range cassettes, but oh!, then the rear mech can't cope so a new mech needed at which point I gave myself a slap and just ordered like for like replacements. Should be here this week so MORE bike jobs to add to the list.

Top Bottom