Kids Scams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Another slot machine one: somebody at school worked out how to scam the Coke machine. If you held the button down and switched it off and on at the wall at the exact moment you put your money in, it would dispense a can and also give your money back. It didn't last long before they took the machine away. I think they cited fire regulations as it was situated under the stairs. :laugh:

I also know a fruit machine scam but I'd best not share it ;).

Tell me more about the fruit machine scam ^_^

On the Roulette machines in the bookies you can tell if your a winner by where the ball enters the roulette machine in the software , once you know your a loser then switch the machine off then back on and claim a power cut to get a refund :thumbsup:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Free rail travel! When you saw a group of teenagers all cramming into the toilet to avoid the ticket inspector as they were all traveling on just one ticket.....
Go and knock on the toilet door pretending to be the ticket inspector and asking to see a ticket. When the hand appeared out the door with the ticket, take the ticket and return to your seat. Sorted!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yes, scrumping was a major part of (I guess late summer) hols... near us there was a wood... at the back of the wood was a 'fenced off' orchard. We never knew, nor found out, whose orchard it was, but we used to nick loads of apples and pears. In fact our mum used to ask us to go get some from time to time :smile:
I also used to be sent 'scrumping' and mum made some lovely apple pies :hungry:

spen666

Legendary Member
In the tea thread @welsh dragon mentioned woodbines..which reminded me?

As a young devious little #%#% I was always upto no good.
I took up the fags as most did around my way ,my dad collected sixpence's in a tub which he kept in the wardrobe.
I used to dip into this fund and pop down the road to the Old Scarlet pub off licence and by 10 no6 or gold leaf woody's etc as they were about 25p then.
the landlord Cyril knew me as my dad used the pub most nights...my dad asked Cyril to keep any sixpence's he found when cashing up as he collected them..
he even paid a bit more for them...
I kept this scam going for too long and dad twigged...Cyril found it highly amusing as did my dads mates..
lukily my dads a top bloke so I got away with a raised callused hand and a "you little ##*%" speech..
so you admit to being a thief and so unscruplous that you will even steal from your family

Disgusting

;-)

Simontm

Veteran
Pool tables used to have a simple lever gate so all you had to do was put a pool cue up the slot and lift the gate for free games.

Also with some of the earlier arcade machines - Pac-Man, Track and Field etc - all you had to do is turn the machine off and on at the plug to gain a free credit
:whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a way of getting change from a change machine, notes to coins, that's still good to this day.
Relies on the machine actually working correctly though. Works now on the machines that do take notes.

U

User6179

Had a way of getting change from a change machine, notes to coins, that's still good to this day.
Relies on the machine actually working correctly though. Works now on the machines that do take notes.

Aye you put notes in the top and change comes oot the bottom ^_^

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
When I was younger and the local shop was a proper local shop, not a Spar or Sainsburys. I'd take up bags of cooking apples from the garden and the owner would give me a big bag of penny sweets. I'd take them down the river to scoff, throw the ones i didnt like into the water where the fishermen had been sitting patiently all morning for a bite and pelt it across the fields when they saw it was me. When I started to get hungry I'd walk slowly back to the shop and by that time she's made a batch of apple pies to sell in the shop. Always worth the wait an I always got the first one for free. I'd sit outside and share it with their massive golden Labrador and trundle off home full, tired and sticky faced.

Best bit is it was mainly apples from the neighbours tree!! Miserable old git used to get in a right strop if he caught me. I'd get up first thing on a weekend, shimmy up our little tree, pull the branches on his tree right over our side and rattle it like mad! What falls on our side was ours, take that misery guts!

subaqua

What’s the point
No money went in.
Although the €1 coin is very similar in weight and size to a £1 coin. As far as ticket machines go.
brass billett run through the lathe in an aerospace machine shop then cut up at home to go into change machines in arcades was also a good idea at the time.

Top Bottom