Kinda lucky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave Martin

Dave Martin

Thank you for the replies, right....took it all off again today and inspected it for damage, thankfully it all looks ok. I've tapped the arm back on with a rubber mallet and applied some thread lock to the threads before tightening the nut back up, if I ever need to take it off again now it will probably need warming with a hair dryer first. It all seems tight with no play in anything so I'm just going to have to see how it goes now. If it comes off again then it looks like going back to where I bought it from now.

OP
OP
Dave Martin

Dave Martin

Update on this is after 35 miles it has just started to move again so I've made a phone call to the shop.
He agrees that it sounds like a fault as I have told him that aswell as the arm working loose there now seems to be a tiny amount of play in the spindal which I think may be playing its part on loosening things up.
Good news is it's repairable under warranty or if Im not happy with the same unit he will give me discount and not charge me for labour to fit an upgraded sealed cassette which I'm going to go for.
Bad news is I'll have to go without the bike for about a week but at least it will hopefully sort it.
Just look like going back to giving the static bike some hammer until it comes back.

Dave

Top Bottom