Kindle books

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
i like my kindle and have read several books on it

Problem I have now, how do I know which books I've read? I've downloaded numerous cycle touring books, read some and want to read the rest, as it was a while since I read them it will probably be 20 pages in when I realise?? Is there a tab that says if it's been read or not?

... ish!

... and assuming you have a Kindle ereader as opposed to tablet

When you open the book, go to the settings menu and choose "Sync to last page read"

If it takes you to the end then you have read it.

Otherwise just house keeping

Download books to the device and when finished hold your finger down on the books icon then select "Remove from device".

It will always remain in the "Device" menu on the main screen and can be downloaded again if required

Katherine

Guru
i like my kindle and have read several books on it

Problem I have now, how do I know which books I've read? I've downloaded numerous cycle touring books, read some and want to read the rest, as it was a while since I read them it will probably be 20 pages in when I realise?? Is there a tab that says if it's been read or not?
Under each title is a line of dots which give an idea of length, well, the dots go bold when you've read the book.
I made a collection ( folder) for finished books. I also have one for currently reading so any started books are easy to find.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Under each title is a line of dots which give an idea of length, well, the dots go bold when you've read the book.
I made a collection ( folder) for finished books. I also have one for currently reading so any started books are easy to find.
Cool, I didn't realise you can make a folder, can that be done from the kindle?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
The carousel is where you can see all your book covers one by one.

Which kindle do you have?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
You can make folders on that one.

Press the button next to the home button. Looks like several lines on it.

You will see a list, tab down to create a new collection.
Name the collection such as "Read" and save
Once you have read a book get it up in the list, press the right of the control square and add it to your collection.

Thats how i do it on my basic kindle which is version 2.

andyfraser

Über Member
I have a folder for ones I'm currently reading too. I put new books into a genre folder and my unread folder. When they're read they just live in a genre folder.

There are two types of Kindle...

The Ereaders have a page with book icons that you press and open the book

The "Fire series" have a "Carousel" which is a swipe operated list of books, programmes etc as well

IN_KFHD_89_Front_Landscape.jpg

The two are completely different in this respect

There are two types of Kindle...

The Ereaders have a page with book icons that you press and open the book

The "Fire series" have a "Carousel" which is a swipe operated list of books, programmes etc as well

IN_KFHD_89_Front_Landscape.jpg

The two are completely different in this respect
The more important distinction of the 2 types is those kindles with Dan Brown books on which should be burnt and those without.

Top Bottom