Kindle books

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
I have the light on my paperwhite set to 2 (very low), just enough to see the screen well with my bedside light down low. I have no problems getting to sleep.
I suspect low light would be limiting the blue light. I do know what people mean though, if im on my tablet late it does seem to affect me getting to sleep for some reason, where reading is great - my kindle which was a cheap one i think is brilliant, i was hesitant at first but now love it more than a book

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
I use an original Kindle and bedside light thereby annoying my wife, probably having a bigger effect on the quality of my sleep!
i bought a small head lamp light, its great

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I'm no expert, but I'm not sure I would be able to accurately place myself on a scale of 'ease of getting to sleep', mainly due to the difficulty of me being both the observer and the sleeper.

Perception is one thing, actual data quite another.

The non- light source group were less tired than the light source group, so again anecdotal evidence from one person about their experience doesn't give a very accurate picture.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
If you go into Settings and press "Remove from device" the book will go into a folder called Archived items. It will remain in your Kindle library and you can reload it onto your device again by going into Archived items and clicking on it. To remove an item altogether you go into your Amazon account, use the feature called Manage your Kindle and delete it from your library.

The screen has just failed on my Kindle after 3 years. My wife says she is getting me a hew one for my birthday in May, so until then I am reading ordinary books and it is a refreshing change. The percentage bar on the Kindle is a constant irritant to me.

I have asked my wife to get me a Paperwhite so I can read it in the dark, but with my old one I had an attachable reading light which was quite good.

hoopdriver

Guru
I'm no expert, but I'm not sure I would be able to accurately place myself on a scale of 'ease of getting to sleep', mainly due to the difficulty of me being both the observer and the sleeper.

Perception is one thing, actual data quite another.

The non- light source group were less tired than the light source group, so again anecdotal evidence from one person about their experience doesn't give a very accurate picture.
Well, no trouble in getting to sleep would not seem to require any further quantification. You can't have less than no trouble getting to sleep. If the reader is happy with his/her ability to drift off after a bedtime read that would seem to be the end of it.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
My new Kobo's tells me how many books I've finished on a tile on the home screen, which leads to a reading stats screen. Apparently I've read 8% of my library. But that's only those books on it I've read on it, so to speak.

hoopdriver

Guru
So how long does it take you to get to sleep?
I don't sit with a stopwatch or ask anyone else to do so. I put my Kindle aside, roll over and drift off. I am perfectly satisfied with the time, or lack of time, that process takes and feel no need for anyone to come along and try to improve it for me by shaving off seconds - if that were indeed possible.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Sounds ideal.

Top Bottom