King's Road Smash...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisW

Dreadful, dreadful crash on the King's Road this a.m.

One cab involved and either one or two cars, can't tell as there were so many bits of metal everwhere.

I said to the policewoman "Nasty way to start the day", she replied "Nasty way to end it".

Looks like the cabbie was an innocent party, hope he's o.k. at least.

GrahamG

Guru
Nasty - I hate going past crash sites; find it really chilling with wreckage just sitting there whilst all the activity goes on around.

domtyler

Über Member
Try cycling home on the A11 every day and you'd soon get used to it. I have literally lost count of the number of motorcyclists I have seen smeared across the road.

GrahamG

Guru
Funny you should say that - I took my first proper jaunt out into the country from Birmingham to Shrewsbury a few weeks ago (52 miles compared to my 6 mile e/w commute!) and one A-road was closed as the air ambulance took a motorcyclist off. Cars got diverted but they said I could walk through on the verge - so I just tried not to rubber neck as I went past.

asterix

Comrade Member
On my last journey York to Limoges we got held up on the M11 due to a smash. Took over 2 hours to do no more than 4 miles. When we got to the scene there was the remnants of a black corsa-sized car without any space between the dash and the rear of the car. How do you hit something that hard with all the traffic going the same way?

OP
OP
ChrisW

ChrisW

asterix said:
On my last journey York to Limoges we got held up on the M11 due to a smash. Took over 2 hours to do no more than 4 miles. When we got to the scene there was the remnants of a black corsa-sized car without any space between the dash and the rear of the car. How do you hit something that hard with all the traffic going the same way?

Four reverse gears???? ;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Crashes are always a chilling reminder of reality. I passed one last week which didn't really qualify as a crash but was still horrible. There was a stationary car on the hard shoulder and a man on his back having his chest pumped by one paramedic while the other got the electric pads ready. I'm only guessing but it looked like maybe he'd had a heart attack or something and was able to get his car onto the hard shoulder before collapsing. I just hope he pulled through.

Slim

Über Member
ChrisW said:
Four reverse gears???? :biggrin:

Italian tank???:biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
ChrisW

ChrisW

LOGAN 5 said:
Read in yesterday's paper that the Mercedes driver died. Very sad.

Agreed, flowers by side of the road.

There was another car upside down in Queen's Ride (i think, where Marc Bolan died anyway), Trouble is, what speed were these guys going? If they hit a cyclist or even a group of us at that speed, we stand no chance.

Chilling thought...

Indeed it is a chilling thought, equally chilling is the total lack of penalty for doing such a thing.

Fortunately though, the chances of geting hit by a car when cycling are actually lower than if you are a pedestrian.

Top Bottom