Kingston Wheelers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Just found another club not to far away, Thames Velo in Maidenhead

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
My advice would be to go and try them out - one each weekend and you will soon find the one that's right for you :thumbsup:
It's really hard to tell from websites and even forums, imho.

Julesh

Guru
I was a member of the the Twickenham CC for a year. They are a very nice and welcoming bunch of people (as no doubt are the Wheelers) and (unless its changed) do a varying club run on Sundays, The same ride every week on Sats (Fairoaks airport and back) and a fast Tuesday evening run of about 20 miles so there's plenty of opportunities to ride with them.

Coaching was good but I found them very race orientated - which wasn't what I was looking for as I'm mainly interesting in distance and audax riding - so I left and joined the Willesden^_^

Kies

Really .... A sky ride????
Tell me more please. I grew up a mile or so from the hillingdon track so know the area well

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Really .... A sky ride????
Tell me more please. I grew up a mile or so from the hillingdon track so know the area well
Just got in from the skyride, it wasnt bad and the people were ok, apart from 3 or 4 who were pretty cool and liked bombing up hills and breaking away from the others, the only negative was the 14mph average speed and constantly stopping for slower riders.

cyclingsheep

As a current member of Twickenham CC I can say that we have a real mix of racers, TTers, sportive riders and just rec riders. Everyone is very friendly and we try to keep the group numbers around 8-10 so not too big but big enough to get some shelter when not on the front. We're used to having riders new to group riding along and usually have groups from slow to fast depending on numbers. Come along on a Tuesday night or just turn up on a Saturday and you'll get a nice welcome

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

As a current member of Twickenham CC I can say that we have a real mix of racers, TTers, sportive riders and just rec riders. Everyone is very friendly and we try to keep the group numbers around 8-10 so not too big but big enough to get some shelter when not on the front. We're used to having riders new to group riding along and usually have groups from slow to fast depending on numbers. Come along on a Tuesday night or just turn up on a Saturday and you'll get a nice welcome
I looked at your website before, but i didnt think you was looking for new male members, only because it says under membership woman and youth. ?

cyclingsheep

I looked at your website before, but i didnt think you was looking for new male members, only because it says under membership woman and youth. ?
I don't think we discriminate. There certainly isn't a limit on the number of riders, male or otherwise so feel free to come along.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
http://www.willesdencyclingclub.co.uk/

looks good, and not far for me to cycle down there - anyone else up for a ride with them on a Sunday?

Nice bunch, they ride out of Denham on a Sunday, I used to ride with them a lot, went to join the club but they don't accept PayPal you can't hand the money over data ride, you have to attend on of the club meeting nights. I could not mess around with all that.
A good mix of a club though with a bit of social and a racing side to it.. just needs to drag itself into the digital payment age

Top Bottom