Kingston Wheelers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Nice bunch, they ride out of Denham on a Sunday, I used to ride with them a lot, went to join the club but they don't accept PayPal you can't hand the money over data ride, you have to attend on of the club meeting nights. I could not mess around with all that.
A good mix of a club though with a bit of social and a racing side to it.. just needs to drag itself into the digital payment age

So they need to change just for you.?

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Well its looking like Hounslow District Wheelers.
I emailed TCC and never got a reply(not good), HDW replied pretty quick to reply and first impressions last and the reply was helpful and gave me advice on racing, club house less than 5 miles away and runs are the same.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
So they need to change just for you.?

They have the right to do as they wish, however they must equally be aware that these days many people prefer the convienience of bank transfer, direct debit, paypal or similar. By only accepting cash or cheque given to a specific person, in a specific location on a specific date they restrict the membership.
I consider it a shame as I would like to join the club, however due to work commitments I am not able to attend club meetings.. I don't expect anyone to change just for me, but the reality is we are moving more towards a digital paymeny society, Visa have just signed a deal to put NFC payment chips in all future Samsung phones. Less and less people are using cheques as well.
Ultimately if the club does not permit payment in the way desired by members in the future, the volume of money coming in will reduce which could impact the future of the club.

screenman

Legendary Member
Guys the people running the clubs are NOT paid, they may be on holiday, out on the bike, off sick, or just fed up with answering questions from the very many people who waste time.

V, whilst I agree with you clubs could do with coming forward in some ways, I am sure with a bit of effort on your part you could have got there and paid, just sounds like a moan from where I am sitting.

Ask not what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Guys the people running the clubs are NOT paid, they may be on holiday, out on the bike, off sick, or just fed up with answering questions from the very many people who waste time.

V, whilst I agree with you clubs could do with coming forward in some ways, I am sure with a bit of effort on your part you could have got there and paid, just sounds like a moan from where I am sitting.

Ask not what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club.
I emailed them 4 weeks ago roughly,
And if they dont want to attract new members they shoud state that on their website, as for time wasting how would they know who is and who isnt unless they answer a few questions etc.:wacko:

screenman

Legendary Member
Why not try again, as I said there may be many reasons why nobody has got back to you. How do you tell a time waster, well if they ask twice at least they are somebody worth investing a little time in.

Kies

Well its looking like Hounslow District Wheelers.
I emailed TCC and never got a reply(not good), HDW replied pretty quick to reply and first impressions last and the reply was helpful and gave me advice on racing, club house less than 5 miles away and runs are the same.

They look really good and well administered. Let us know how you get on please.

Kies

I spent more time researching the right bike than finding my wife (23 years later) :whistle

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I went in head first when i met the wife, 3 months in i popped the question it then took 10 years to actually get hitched, 9 years later shes now more like my boss.:ohmy:

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I went on my first club run today and it was pretty good, decent bunch of lads and one of them is 71 ys old and he's awesome lol.
I went in the Medium group and we did 56 miles with a cafe stop, but next time i might go in the 1st group only because we averaged 16 mph and i wasnt even trying.
So it looks like im joining these.

screenman

Legendary Member
I went on my first club run today and it was pretty good, decent bunch of lads and one of them is 71 ys old and he's awesome lol.
I went in the Medium group and we did 56 miles with a cafe stop, but next time i might go in the 1st group only because we averaged 16 mph and i wasnt even trying.
So it looks like im joining these.

Should I be impressed because you were not trying? maybe the guys were not having the race you sort but just a gentle social potter. Watch out if the first group is reading your post as you may end up in the gutter suffering. (cycling term)

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

WTF im not out to impress anyone, the only reason i went with the middle group was to get to know people and chat to the team captain.
So before judgeing people you need to think before you speak.

screenman

Legendary Member
It was your flippant remark about not trying at 16mph average without trying, it is totally derogatory to those who would struggle.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

How the hell was that flippant, no one struggled and you can't make a remark if you wasn't there.
You need to go back to bed and wake up again.

Top Bottom