Kingsway cycling club , Gloucester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tcr4x4

Veteran
Couldn't join you this Sunday as I got dragged kicking and screaming to the Fromebridge carvery.

Judging by those pictures, I've done some of your route anyway today by coincidence! Was a nice breeze coming off the river which was very welcome.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Excellent. I'll try and bear this in mind. Haven't been out too much this year, but I'm just over in Quedgeley so this might be the prod I need. Did have a bash over Standish Hill this weekend just gone. It almost killed me. I think I averaged about 9 mph (for the entire ride. Over the hill I averaged about 1)!

Last edited:

Dark46

Veteran
Thanks guys for great ride today , first climbs for me today . Plus today turned out to be longest ride ever . So pluses everywhere

Good to meet Duncan and Ian today with our biggest turnout that I been part of at the club . 8 people today.

No cake and tea on ride today thanks @gordyfinbar !

Last edited:

Dark46

Veteran
Sorry guys I will not be around next weekend as I will be at Silverstone at the Moto GP . I'm going Thursday till Sunday. :sad:
I wish I could take my bike with me but one day

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Just a quick word of thanks to all the Kingsway lads who have stretched me to my limit on club rides lately, and to @Dark46 and those others who have always been there hanging back to make sure I'm OK. Apologies for slowing down your rides, but upping the effort rate for the last few rides, and taking on the likes of the Cranham Wall, Frocester Hill and Hyde Hill was just what I needed to get me over this year's big challenge. (Probably the biggest challenge of my life). Not bad for a fat giant, eh? I have posted a couple of items on pages 900 and 901 of "Your ride today" under "Cycle Chat Cafe" about Bealach na Ba. Couldn't have done it without you. Thanks again. Donger.

Dark46

Veteran
As Gordon put on the KCC messenger " YOUR A LEGEND"
Mate I'm back in the club and will be heading up the newcomers group. If you want to come with that group or the normal group then we all would like to see you riding again on Sunday morning.
Nice ride mate just don't ask me to do it for a few years lol.
If you sort yourself out a FACEBOOK account then we can add to you on the messenger
Group . Missed you last night at the Owl

Dark46

Veteran
Next Sunday (@ 09:00) Kingsway CC is hoping to see as many newcomers as possible outside the Tesco Express in Kingsway. We promise not to go too fast, and to make it a gentle introduction to social road cycling in this area. If you live locally and are wondering about joining a club, come along and give it a try next Sunday. It'll be nice to see as many as possible. Gordyfinbar and I have volunteered to lead a beginners' group in the following weeks to attract newcomers and Donger will be along too .
The rides will be steady and flat and short

Dark46

Veteran
Just a quick note to anyone in Gloucester and the surrounding area that are looking in. Dont forget all people interested in joining a club we are meeting outside Tescos on the Kingsway estate tomorrow at 09:00 everyone welcome and don't forget it's not going to be warm so dress so that your arms and legs don't get too cold

Largie003

Join us on Sunday mornings in Kingsway, Gloucester for our social club ride. Groups to suit all abilities. Check website for details of routes (usually posted on a Thursday for upcoming ride) www.kingswaycc.co.uk

Leaving at 0900 from the Kingsway Local Centre. GL2 2GS

Top Bottom