Kinross sportive 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adscrim

Veteran
if the weather on the day was like Saturday then hydration is going to be my primary concern.

Don't foget Sunburn! I too was out on the route on Saturday and have some lovely pink arms to show for it. Not to mention one pink calf (although to be more accurate, as I had knickers on it's more like half a pink calf!).

fimm

Veteran
A slightly re-ordered list

SB - Number 343. Black route (in a audax style :biggrin: ) planning an 8.30 start.
fimm (#474) (plus boyfriend) - black route.
Adam - Black route
BJ - Black - #522 - early start - probably late finish
kfinlay - black, #494 - start easy and try to build up speed as I go - doing a wee recce at weekend so will know better how I'll get on then.
Waspie - black #552 - aiming for an early start. Looking forward to it, I think. Will be the longest cycle of the year so far.

HMHB - Red Route (still longest ride ever tho') Number is 92
aberal - Red route. Number 103. Also planning a 8.30 start on the ground that there's an outside chance I would still be cycling at midnight...
Sitka - Number 87 - Red Route. 8.30 start.
Scoosh - RED Route Number 94
edindave - red 84; mrs edindave - red 86: planning an 08:30 start
Sleekitcollie RED 146 will be at start early and finish late :rolleyes:

HonestMan1910 - marshal on the black/blue route crossover point at Glenfarg

Edited to add: Magnatom was in for the black route too.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
50 miles - I should be so lucky ....

Had a horrible sore throat -> chesty cough -> headachey -> a bit better over the past 2 weeks.
Still not fully ready to go riding yet, though.
Did 3.6 km to the shops and back yesterday
thumbsup.png
- the most I have done in 15 days
ohmy.gif

Glad I'm only doing the red route, then .....

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

50 miles - I should be so lucky ....

Had a horrible sore throat -> chesty cough -> headachey -> a bit better over the past 2 weeks.
Still not fully ready to go riding yet, though.
Did 3.6 km to the shops and back yesterday
thumbsup.png
- the most I have done in 15 days
ohmy.gif

Glad I'm only doing the red route, then .....

i had the same a cpl weks ago lost over a week on the bike . im on holiday now till start of may :biggrin: so hope to get out a few small runs ,
also im looking to cycle the forth & clyde / union canals from bowling 2 edin sometime during my time off work . any thoughts on if i should do it week b4 kinross or leave it till week after . i know its all flat but still nearly 70 miles & dont want 2 over do it b4 kinross

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
No reason for you not to do it before just don't go too hard - use it as a check to ensure you can go the distance. The just take it easy on the run up to Kinross during next week. Hope you get a decent day to do it or at least get e west wind to blow you home
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

No reason for you not to do it before just don't go too hard - use it as a check to ensure you can go the distance. The just take it easy on the run up to Kinross during next week. Hope you get a decent day to do it or at least get e west wind to blow you home
thumbsup.png

cheers hope the winds blowing in the right direction as well

i had the same a cpl weks ago lost over a week on the bike . im on holiday now till start of may :biggrin: so hope to get out a few small runs ,
also im looking to cycle the forth & clyde / union canals from bowling 2 edin sometime during my time off work . any thoughts on if i should do it week b4 kinross or leave it till week after . i know its all flat but still nearly 70 miles & dont want 2 over do it b4 kinross

Just make sure its dry; I've never been beyond Falkirk but some sections between Edinburgh and there are pretty narrow and poorly surfaced. Its a couple of years since I've been along it but heading west its fairly wide and well paved to Westerhailes but after Ratho its pretty muddy. A gentle ride as long as its not the day before will be perfect for keeping your legs rolling.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Mmmm! did the black route Kinross, Lomond round to Wicks o Baiglie then back to Kinross, pretty breezy and couldn't really get my legs going for some reason. Hope I can stick to my plan of a steady start then (legs willing) push for a stronger finish. Hope you're all ready for next week, let's hope it's a great day

Gravity Assisted

I'm really looking forward to this now.

Not been out on the bike a huge amount due to the weather and running training but this weekends ride really got me in the mood.

I'll be doing the Red route, not as long as my longest ride but definitely the longest this year.

Mmmm! did the black route Kinross, Lomond round to Wicks o Baiglie then back to Kinross, pretty breezy and couldn't really get my legs going for some reason. Hope I can stick to my plan of a steady start then (legs willing) push for a stronger finish. Hope you're all ready for next week, let's hope it's a great day

Did you do the full route kf ? the last 3 times I've been through Dunning, there has been a sign up saying the road is shut after 8miles.

Hope you all get it as nice as today but without the wind.

Hi guys,

Just popping in to say I'm looking forward to this weekend.....sort of! :ohmy:

I've only done two popper training runs, one taking in Crow Road, and one taking in Tak Ma Doon and Crow Road, so the black route should be interesting! (I have been doing my commuting of course!)

How do the hills on the sportive compare to Crow Road and Tak? Of course the real issue is the number of hills, not the individual climbs.

Anyway my rider number is 346 and I will probably be wearing my CycleChat top (see I still like this place!).

Maybe see a few of you there?!

(P.S. there is a wee competition on my blog. Can you guess my time?! :biggrin:)

Top Bottom