Kinross sportive 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
...... my 2 year old and 5 year old daughters have been hard at work baking reward cakes for you all :smile:

Edit: You do all like your cakes pink and glittery, right?!?

Is there any other kind ??? (especially for all us 2 and 5-year olds
biggrin.gif
)

Are they specially CC Ecosse 'branded' ?
thumbsup.png

[and 2 x 5 and 2 x 5 and ..... as required
sad.gif
]

fimm

Veteran
Pink and glittery cakes, sounds good :-)
Won't they be sending us off in batches, seeing as what it isn't a race if you see what I mean?
If it is sunny, I'll be wearing an orange and black top with "UKC" on it. If it is cold and wet I'll be wearing my Edinburgh Triathletes coat, which is purple and black and white.

(Actually, if my limited previous experience of these things is anything to go by "I'm female and I'm doing the black route" might be distinctive enough... :angry: )

Seems to have changed today. Earlier in the week, forecast was sunny - now it's thundery showers. BBC
The BBC and the met frequently dont get it right until 12 hours before, the bbc are now showing occasional sunshine for Saturday and the met (for the near by Glenrothes) are showing overcast but still.
Good Luck all, I'm sure you'll get cracking weather; after all the sun always shines in Fife...................................at 35,000 ft ;)

adscrim

Veteran
The BBC and the met frequently dont get it right until 12 hours before, the bbc are now showing occasional sunshine for Saturday and the met (for the near by Glenrothes) are showing overcast but still.
Good Luck all, I'm sure you'll get cracking weather; after all the sun always shines in Fife...................................at 35,000 ft ;)

Luckily 35,000 ft is the high point on the climb over dunning common!

SB - Number 343. Black route (in a audax style :biggrin: ) planning an 8.30 start.
fimm (#474) (plus boyfriend) - black route.
Adam - Black route
BJ - Black - #522 - early start - probably late finish
kfinlay - black, #494 - start easy and try to build up speed as I go - doing a wee recce at weekend so will know better how I'll get on then.
Waspie - black #552 - aiming for an early start. Looking forward to it, I think. Will be the longest cycle of the year so far.
Mighty W - black #174 - will be wearing a Kinross Sportive top (received it today - looks great) and riding a black Trek. Early start.

HMHB - Red Route (still longest ride ever tho') Number is 92
aberal - Red route. Number 103. Also planning a 8.30 start on the ground that there's an outside chance I would still be cycling at midnight...
Sitka - Number 87 - Red Route. 8.30 start.
Scoosh - RED Route Number 94
edindave - red 84; mrs edindave - red 86: planning an 08:30 start
Sleekitcollie RED 146 will be at start early and finish late :rolleyes:

Oi! you missed me off that list!

magnatom #346 Riding the Black Route for his sins. I have space for two bikes from Torrance or surrounding area if that helps anyone?

ACS

Legendary Member
Black route of doom

SB - #343 - 8.30 start
fimm #474 (+ boyfriend)
Adam -
BJ - #522 - Early start
kfinlay - #494 -
Waspie - #552 - Early start
Mighty W - #174 - Early start
magnatom - #346

Red route

HMHB - #92
aberal -#103 - 8.30 start
Sitka - #87 - 8.30 start
Scoosh - #94 - not as early start
edindave - #84 - 8.30 start
mrs edindave - #86 - 8:30 start
Sleekitcollie - #146 - early start

fimm

Veteran
Oh, incidentally, I won't be cycling with my boyfriend (well I guess we'll start together!) - he is much faster than me and it wouldn't be fair on him to expect him to wait for me, neither of us would enjoy the day. We're coming from Edinburgh but going to Aberdeen afterwards so can't help with lifts.

adscrim

Veteran
Black route of doom

SB - #343 - 8.30 start
fimm #474 (+ boyfriend)
Adscrim - #344
BJ - #522 - Early start
kfinlay - #494 -
Waspie - #552 - Early start
Mighty W - #174 - Early start
magnatom - #346

Red route

HMHB - #92
aberal -#103 - 8.30 start
Sitka - #87 - 8.30 start
Scoosh - #94 - not as early start
edindave - #84 - 8.30 start
mrs edindave - #86 - 8:30 start
Sleekitcollie - #146 - early start

fimm

Veteran
Route map and disclaimer printed out.
The red and black routes overlap in a few places - you might end up seeing the same riders more than once!
Should be fun, good luck everyone!

ACS

Legendary Member
Bike washed, cleaned and lube applied to all the usual places, squeaky front brakes fixed, kit including gels and bars gathered, paperwork printed and signed.
Weather might have a cooling effect on those of us who may take more than 4hrs - 30 mins, best take a jacket I think. :rain:

Battery's renewed in the lantern rouge.

See you on the road

aberal

Guru
Bike washed, cleaned and lube applied to all the usual places, squeaky front brakes fixed, kit including gels and bars gathered, paperwork printed and signed.

Ditto. Spent the afternoon cleaning it down and lubing... Still convinced I'll go and forget something on the day.

Annoyingly though, my bike has developed a sort of double click - can't track it down at all. Even the LBS couldn't trace it. I'm going to have to live with it until it wears out of falls off, whatever it is. :angry:

Gravity Assisted

HI.

I drove and cycled some of the Red Route today (and back through Dunning Common on the black route, the bridge has a very narrow lane for cyclists).

The route looks really nice and not too many potholes. There are luminous yellow signs at all the junctions so noone should be able to get lost (?).

Should be a good day out.

Simon

HonestMan1910

Über Member
HI.

I drove and cycled some of the Red Route today (and back through Dunning Common on the black route, the bridge has a very narrow lane for cyclists).

The route looks really nice and not too many potholes. There are luminous yellow signs at all the junctions so noone should be able to get lost (?).

Should be a good day out.

Simon

Marshalls also on duty at main switch over points on the route

Top Bottom