Kinross sportive 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
HM1910 can I say 'thank you' to you and everyone else who is donating their time so us mad fools can have what I am sure will be a great day out in the saddle.

The great unsung heroes of the day.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
HM1910 can I say 'thank you' to you and everyone else who is donating their time so us mad fools can have what I am sure will be a great day out in the saddle.

The great unsung heroes of the day.

I'll be at Glenfarg to ensure the blue and black routes split and follow the right routes, see you all there and remember to smile at the camera :rolleyes:

Have a good day one and all.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Well, bike ready, Clothing sorted, drinks done and energy bars in the oven (mmmm a yummy smell too)
Had pasta and tuna for dinner and it will be a bowl of porridge for breakie.
So leave home at 0800hrs to cycle up to Kinross, meet my mate John there (and maybe some others from here) then set off once registered and go my number/chip attached. Hope to return home by 1600hrs after 110 miles (and an ave of 15-16mph if I don't count the time signing on and off).
This early in the season I don't know if I'll manage that, do better or worse I just like to have some sort of target to consider on the way around especially as it will be my longest ever ride. Whatever happens I'm sure it will be an enjoyable day. Look forward to seeing you guys (n gals), I'll be on a red/white Vitus (not the Canyon SLX 9.0 Pro I've been dreaming of for months now) and wearing Black/White Cinelli clothing with the red/white/black helmet - what a tart eh :tongue:

+1 with regards to the helpers, organisers and marshals.

I'm aiming to leave Torrance before 7am (in the car of course!) to start as early as I can. If warm enough, I'll have my CycleChat jersey visible and be riding a silver/grey Kinesis Racelight Tk. No idea how long I will take, 6 hours would be nice, but I have no idea what my long distance fitness is like, I could get surprised either way!

Hope to see a few of you guys.

ferret fur

Now: That was cold. Completely misjudged the weather. After first 30 miles I thought the people around me were overdressed. By the end I was close to being hypothermic. I was struggling to change gear and hold on to the bars :ohmy:

Great route, though. Well done to everyone involved in organising it.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Just got finished before the real rain started. Great event tho'. Well done to the organisers. Saw a couple of cyclechatters on the way round as well but only got talking to Magnatom at the 1st feed halt. You guys are fast!

MichaelM

Guru
Now: That was cold. Completely misjudged the weather. After first 30 miles I thought the people around me were overdressed. By the end I was close to being hypothermic. I was struggling to change gear and hold on to the bars :ohmy:

Great route, though. Well done to everyone involved in organising it.

It's really nice out now - in stark contrast to this morning !

gmac190

Über Member
Fantastic day, thanks to all the guys and girls who helped out and made this Sportive run very smoothly. The only thing they didn't sort was the weather!!!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Attachments

• wacko.gif
    wacko.gif
    681 bytes · Views: 33

big al

Great day, thanks to organisers. Weather just added to the challange.

Hope the guys that came off on the descent into Falkland were okay.

Black run next year!

Top Bottom