Kinross sportive 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It was one of those days that started badly and just got worse but now I can look back and say I was there for the first Kinross Sportive. And hope there's many more to come
thumbsup.png

+ 1
sad.gif

For those doing the Etape Caledonia, who might be a bit apprehensive:

- if you did the Black route - you'll breeze the Etape

- if you did the Red route, you'll have no worries - the Etape only has one real hill and it's only steep for the very first bit

Go for an early-ish start and tag along with a fast group. Even I surprised myself with my time last year :eek:.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
KF_kinross2011.jpg

Here's me (I was quite upbeat at this point so imagine how I looked feeling miserable at the end lol). It was one of those days that started badly and just got worse but now I can look back and say I was there for the first Kinross Sportive. And hope there's many more to come
thumbsup.png

And another of you at Glenfarg

Attachments

• Kinross Sportive 2011 036.jpg
    Kinross Sportive 2011 036.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 78

themightyw

Yep I must say that apart from doing the first 10 miles or so with the delectable company of Satan's Budgie I think I was on my tod the whole way round, apart from the odd natter. To be honest, though, given how hard I expected to find the black route that was slightly intentional as I just wanted to pick my pace and plug away rather than feeling I had to 'keep up'. I think I was one of the last handful to finish though, after a slow pace and some unwelcome visits from 'the fairy'. Also saved me some funny looks when (at a particularly bleak moment when the heavens opened on me while climbing the penultimate hill) I decided to hurl some rather foul abuse at the elements and started talking to myself.

Saw that some of the photos were up but only from one point - have you guys found some other sources?

Waspie

Über Member
At least I managed 300metres before my mechanical this time
thumbsup.png
(previous time was 200m :angry:).

I started late - second last group - and was doodling along, when Waspie came up for a chat and BANG ! - the saddle bolt sheared.
wacko.gif

Back to the start, thence to Leven Cycles in Kinross, new saddle bolt and back to the ride.

Glad you managed get back on the ride. I suppose it was better the bolt snapped at the start than half way round.

As for my event, well, not my best day but all self inflicted. 6hrs rolling time 6.14 official time. Started late despite my best intentions and ending up ploughing a lone furrow until the last 20 miles and just couldn't get going at all. I was woefully underdressed for the weather and was feeling very cold at times, the most annoying thing was that I had all the gear I needed in the car but had decided the weather was going to clear up so travelled 'light'. :angry:

Despite my personal woes, I thought it was a great route (what I could see), well organised, friendly volunteers. Cheers to Honestman and everyone else involved.

I'll be back next year I think, hopefully a bit better prepared.

Waspie

Über Member
Really pleased. So I've been given the ok for another sportive this year. What should I go for? My thoughts are the Ken Laidlaw at the moment. What do you think?

The Ken Laidlaw is a great event imo. Can't think of any criticism I could make of the route or anything surrounding the event.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
The Ken Laidlaw is a great event imo. Can't think of any criticism I could make of the route or anything surrounding the event.

+ 1
bravo.gif
... other than the weather in 2009
rain.gif
rain.gif
rain.gif

It surely is a 'must do at some time' event
thumbsup.png

Attachments

• rain.gif
    rain.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 38
  • rain.gif
    rain.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 36

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
And another of you at Glenfarg

Yup smiling there just as I approached the wee steep hill at the split in Glenfarg . . . . . . . . then bang sudden cramp in both legs in the lumpy bit just above my knees, half fell of my bike in a lot of pain
wacko.gif

lots of stretching and about 15 mins later I got back on but anytime I tried to push too hard the cramp started again. Had to stop at the 1:6 at Path o Condie but otherwise just had to spin as much as I could and therefore go slow. Hey if it don't kill ye it makes you stronger eh
thumbsup.png

aberal

Guru
Came across this - the organiser's blog...The Directors Cut

Top Bottom