KMC B1 chain quick-link - re-useable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I'm looking at one of these for my cheap hack as I've seen one at a seemingly good price:

2CU3VRtFtFEL6QdLkX4fETUqctTlQ5kho4jKbaP-U&usqp=CAc.png

However, I'll need to remove and refit the chain regularly. The supplier has confirmed that it has a quicklink included, however have failed to comment on how reuseable this is - and looking at the picture I'm sure I've read these are "snap-fit" and intended to be disposible.

Can anyone guide me with their experience please..?

Ta :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I would say that's a non reusable link.
However, if you have a normal quicklink sitting around, use that

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I would say that's a non reusable link.
However, if you have a normal quicklink sitting around, use that
Thanks; that was my thought.. I see KMC do both single-use and multi-use links that look a bit like this but with an additional retainer on the outside (I have one on a single-speed chain).

Unfortunately I don't have a separate link that would fit and sourcing one would offset the cost saving in buying the cheaper item. Looks like I'm off down decathlon shortly for the more costly alternative then!

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Look on the kmc website, usually has very accurate info IME.
Thanks - have had a squiz but unfortunately it provides no additional information. It's a moot point now anyway as I've just picked one up from Decathlon, which appears to be a re-boxed KMC item with a more "standard" type quick link :smile:

Top Bottom