Knee operation done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
At last!
Feeling a little on a sick side though, damn anesthetic

It's been a loooooong day, got into the hospital 7.30am ish, and left at 5.30 eeek

U

User482

More importantly - when can you get back on your bike?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Anaesthetic? Isn't that, like, drugs? Weren't you complaining about, like, drugs on Monday? Do you feel morally OK?

I presume it was an arthroscopic procedure given the hozzy stay? Ron Hill had that done several years ago and didn't allow it to interrupt his long streak of never missing a day running. He ran in the early morning of the (minor) op and then ran late the next day to give maximum hours recovery! The knee'll hurt though as they'd have used a tourniquet and that'll make it sore, I would imagine.

longers

Legendary Member
Hope you have a good recovery and you can stop banging on about that bloody knee soon.

:evil:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
thanks all,
paulb, i had a lateral release done on each knee to but the kneecap back in place

User482 - that question is as long as a piece of string i'm afraid :evil:

wafflycat

I hope your op is successful, Montage and that you have a complete recovery and can get back on the bike. I empathise as I have chronic knee issues that prevent me cycling and it's driving me nuts (as well as being excruciatingly painful).

postman

Legendary Member
Good luck with a speedy recovery .Take a tip ,don't do anything silly and start too early on your bike .The bike will wait for you .
And you wioll be 100% fit .

betty swollocks

large member
Hope you're back on your bike soon after a speedy recovery.
Best wishes.

Shaun

Founder
montage said:
User482 - that question is as long as a piece of string i'm afraid :smile:

... that'll be twice the length from the centre to one end then ... sorry, couldn't resist. :thumbsup:

Glad it all went okay, and good luck for a quick recovery.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
Good luck for a speedy recovery. I hated my first knee surgery, it took me ages to get back on the bike.

I'm seeing a surgeon tomorrow; best case I need physiotherapy and careful knee management. Worse case, I would rather not think about.

Still, the pre-med's good isn't it? :tongue:

postman

Legendary Member
I'm trying the knee out next week .Then a holiday ,if it's not right i want a visit back to the Surgeon .

All the best to everybody with knee probs .Cos this past ten days .I have gone mad.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
PaulB said:
What did they use, a goat?

A surgeon, an anethetist (actually 2 i believe) and a very attractive lady who lives down the road from me, who has agreed to meet up at the local sometime.

I was lucky to get the surgeon everybody wants, allegedy one of the top in the country (the most expensive if you go private as well)

Thanks for the well wishes all :tongue:

Top Bottom