Knee pain problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Losidan

I ride hardtail mtb with flat pedals. I commute a total of 15 miles every other day. Lately when I am pushing hard on the pedals (say when going uphill) I am getting pain at the back of my leg, behind my knee. It started out as an uncomfortable feeling but now I am getting some pain. I do not get it when just rolling along though.
I am thinking of going to GP if it gets worse but was wondering if anyone else has had the same?

Joe

Über Member
Have you checked your saddle height? I think behind the knee pain can be a symptom of a saddle that is too high.

OP
OP
L

Losidan

Joe said:
Have you checked your saddle height? I think behind the knee pain can be a symptom of a saddle that is too high.

I have it set so that I have a slight bend in my leg at the very bottom of the pedal stroke?

Bigtallfatbloke

I had a similar pain on tour. I was carrying to heavy a load up some ...erm..let's say 'irratating' hills!

One night i was in real agony with it. I ditched some stuff and promised myself never to push to high a gear again. I also did some leg stretches for an hour or so.

Been ok since.

Top Bottom