Knee pain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bristol Dave

My bike is off the road at the moment so I'm using a borrowed bike that is too small for me. I'm getting aches and pains in my knees. I'm tempted to take some glucosamine and fish oil supplements that are supposed to help ease joint pain. Other than get a bigger bike does any one have any advice on joint care (no spliff jokes please :tongue:)

BD

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Desist with inappropriate geometry

jimboalee

Something doesn't compute.

If your own bike is off the road at the moment, surely the best course of action is to get it back on the road ASAP.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You risk doing a lot of damage to your knees. Stop riding and enjoy the rest; you lose fitness at a third the rate you gain it so don't worry. And the rest will do you good.

Rigid Raider said:
You risk doing a lot of damage to your knees. Stop riding and enjoy the rest; you lose fitness at a third the rate you gain it so don't worry. And the rest will do you good.

Yes - go for a run or a walk with the missus instead. No point in carrying on with an ill-fitting borrowed bike.

OP
OP
B

Bristol Dave

Thanks for the input. I guess it's back to the pedestrian life for a while. The knee pain is getting worse and my dreams of a magic tablet will have to be put aside.

I think I'll have a browse of the small ads and see if I can find a better bike to keep as a spare.

BD

Top Bottom