knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
hi all,

i have suddenly got knee pain to the point i can hardly walk. could be a few things and just want your opinions.

1. was riding my mtb fs ss with 32:16 for about 4 or 5 months early on in the year
2. i bought my brommie about 5 months ago and have done a lot of miles approx 2500 and live in a very hilly area and the bottom gear is just not low enough
3. slipping and sliding on the ice when walking, tho did not feel anything bad at all

now my question is, can the ss i was doing have damaged my knees and now i am just paying the price? or was that too long ago and more likely to be the brommie riding? i have set it up correctly, i.e., saddle height right and knee above the pedal spindle

montage

God Almighty
how long you been riding?
Knee pain can be due to 100s of problems, make sure you stretch all muscles groups in the legs LODES....hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds, pay attention to illitibial band and hamstrings.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i've been riding since i was 3 years old but had an enforced lay off (about 18 months) due to illness. been back riding nearly everyday since (ish) october 2008. i had no problems apart from lack of fitness. i switched to ss due to wearing out my 2nd set of xtr rings and cassette. i had no problems and loved. due to start commuting 40 miles round trip and bought the brommie with the idea of it being more secure than leaving my mtb outside. however if the brommie is buggering me up then the mtb will get all the gears replaced and the forks serviced. i have had the mtb about 4 or 5 years and never had any knee twinges at all even when i did the mtl in 10 hours.

montage

God Almighty
If pain persists, I would recommend a physio, private if you can afford it, going through your GP = long waiting lists.

If you need to go through your GP then you map as well inquire now

Top Bottom