Knee Surgery Recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Private insurance if taken now (outside a cover all corporate policy) is unlikely to cover a pre-existing condition (for several years)...i.e. like this knee injury (I assume tarted means started and you don't have private HC already?) What you have written isn't very clear??

Does the consultant think meniscus tear? Or ligaments...?

S1mon

Yes I am aware it will not cover this one but hopefully will cover me in the future for other things .. Yes I do not have hc insurance but soon will have start up business just starting to turn a corner so income was unable to cover ... Meniscus tear is what he has said . Sorry it is utter rubbish my last post never re read it

vickster

Legendary Member
I had a meniscus tear, tried conservative measures for 5 months, ended up having op. Will be sore for a while for sure

Good luck :smile:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My private health care covers pre-existing injuries - so i was very very very lucky - all fixed now and back on the bike.

OP
OP
B

Bradders123

I am 22 and feel as though it has healed very quickly.

Now 2 weeks after the op, havent needed crutches for over 10 days and have full range of motion with minimal swelling.

Lots of you mention you didnt come off crutches for 3 weeks meaning you must have had a worse tear/operation or have recovered alot slower than myself.

The NHS leaflet I received says you can resume normal activity within 2-3 weeks. I dont want to leave it for 6-8 weeks based on other peoples recovery so I lose training time. Has anyone else specifically recovered very quickly?

VamP

Banned
I was skiing 4 weeks after mine. My consultant was happy with that, and seeing as he is the chief surgeon to the Czech Olympic Ski Team I figured he knew a thing or two about a thing or two.

I was in my twenties back then too. :cry:

OP
OP
B

Bradders123

Thanks Vam,

Gives me a little bit of encouragement to get back on the bike and rugby pitch soon!

Linford

I'd happily swap your dodgy knee for my dodgy knee. I mashed mine big time years ago, and I can't even use a leg extension machine (without the weights on it) as it gives major grief for weeks afterwards (they described it as a cominuted fracture ofthe patella (crushed bone) and had to shorten and reattach the quadracep due to the damage) I was walking with crutches and a stick for 6 months afterwards and have lived with it for the best part of 30 years now.
Cycling is just about the only thing I can do which involves exercising it where it doesn't bugger it up completely - although I can walk for about 5 or so miles before it gives major grief.

bonker

Guru
I had an arthrosopy for a menicus tear. ( lots of miles running for an ironman)

My surgeon just said never run just stick to the bike. I took it easy for a few months now I'm back on the fixed.

S1mon

Had mine on Tuesday had a tear and bone reshaped and it was flushed as there was floating debris. 2days on although it feels uncomfortable the pain is gone I am allowed to load bear a bit but more rest for first few days... Review in 6 weeks and doing exercises as told but boy straightening leg flat ow!!! Hope that's just from lack of use ..

Top Bottom