Knitted Dr Who figures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
So there is the potential to make oodles from knitted Oods?

Arch

Married to Night Train
abchandler said:

The website I got the Dalek pattern from has a whopping big disclaimer on it saying the patterns are for personal and non-profit use only, and is very clear on the subject. Perhaps this lady simply needs to do the same, however she publishes the pattern. Copyright is tricky. We all know we shouldn't photocopy most of a rare textbook so we have it hand when we need it for example, but it happens... If other people are breaking the rules, I don't think the woman can be blamed, esp if she makes it clear she knows the law... Anyway, from the report, it looks like the beeb are well aware of the situation and are trying to sort something out...

Mr Pig

I hate Doctor Who, it is terrible :0( Can't watch it, makes my teeth hurt.

They've got good actors and high production values totaly wasted on the most idiotic scripts! What a wasted opertunity. It should be on Children's TV. Any adult who watches it needs checking out! ;0)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
I agree. Arch should be knitting models of Jakob Bronowski :evil:

:biggrin:

Mr Pig, I suggest just not watching it, it is an option you know. If some of us like it, that's up to us...

What do you like to watch then?

Mr Pig

Arch said:
What do you like to watch then?

I don't watch much TV, it's often very hard to find things on that are any good. I like watching TV but I'm too old to sit and watch pish just for the sake of it. I'd rather converse with you sweet people! ;0)

My two youngest children like Doctor who. I used to try and watch it with them, as my little girl likes it when I do, but it's just too crap! I liked it better in the old days when the sets wobbled, at least that was funny ;0)

Mr Pig said:
My two youngest children like Doctor who. I used to try and watch it with them, as my little girl likes it when I do, but it's just too crap!

You sure you don't mean scary? :biggrin:

Mr Pig

Dayvo said:
You sure you don't mean scary? :biggrin:

Daleks used to be scary, then they decided to make them magically fly! Just like they made the sonic screwdriver capable of doing seemingly anything from opening doors to moving planets!

And what's with all this touchy feely crap? It's seven-foot tall, looks like it's inside-out and kills people. Oh, but underneath it's just like a poor little vulnerable child...aAAargghhh!

And they run, hide, debate, sonic screwdriver everything in sight. Doesn't anybody just 'shoot' monsters any more?

The thing that honestly annoys me the most is that it was such a missed opportunity. The money and talent they've poured into the show it could've been great. But then if it had been a good show it would not have been liked by the Saturday night viewer, a person who thinks Scooby Doo has a clever storyline. "Ahh, it was the fairground manager all the time!"...

yello

I kind of agree with Mr Pig. I did like the first of the new Dr Who episodes, I thought the scripts were pretty edgy and I liked Chris Eccleston as the Doctor.... but then it all went a bit, um, silly. Special effects became too self important and 'because' (the mass flying darleks sealed it for me, though the writing was on the wall with the doctor-less Johnny Vegas episode ), there seemed too much emphasis on action and the edge went from the script - it all became just so much noisy running about. I stopped watching.

The introduction of Catherine Tate (?? - and I have only seen her in that Christmas edition) seemed a shameless marketing exercise to me. I'm sure the BBC, and many others, are well pleased with it's success but I don't bother with it. Not that the Beeb or Russell T Davies will loose any sleep over that :biggrin:

U

User169

Arch said:
The website I got the Dalek pattern from has a whopping big disclaimer on it saying the patterns are for personal and non-profit use only, and is very clear on the subject. Perhaps this lady simply needs to do the same, however she publishes the pattern. Copyright is tricky. We all know we shouldn't photocopy most of a rare textbook so we have it hand when we need it for example, but it happens... If other people are breaking the rules, I don't think the woman can be blamed, esp if she makes it clear she knows the law... Anyway, from the report, it looks like the beeb are well aware of the situation and are trying to sort something out...

As I the OP's link, copyright is not the issue here.

U

User169

Arch said:
Um, then what is? The whole story is about protecting copyright I thought?

The link refers only to trademarks (although it may be that there is some copyright element as well which isn't mentioned in the article).

Top Bottom