Knocked off and need advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
The clue is in the name "ambulance chasing" lawyers or friends/3rd parties trying to get lawyers business would actually wait in casualty/reception areas of hospitals watching as ambulances came in and went out and following them. Yes this distasteful. Hence the term "ambulance chasers".

On the two occasions I have been knocked down and gone to hospital I have never recieved unsolicited calls or approaches from 3rd parties, insurers etc wanting my business or to settle for next to nothing.

It is still my belief that you mentioning ambulance chasing lawyers is irrelevant to your circumstances unless you have already been contacted by lawyers or claims companies wanting a piece of your action.
I graciously accept your apology.

classic33

Leg End Member
He will shortly begin receiving texts "You may be entitled to £3850 compensation for your accident. Please call......" :who told them:?Hospital. Police. insurance company....
IF you're willing to believe the companies, your number was randomly generated & may not even be a genuine number. You responding to it however proves it is genuine & in use. I've always wondered how such systems were also able to match a name to the number though.

PK99

Legendary Member
IF you're willing to believe the companies, your number was randomly generated & may not even be a genuine number. You responding to it however proves it is genuine & in use. I've always wondered how such systems were also able to match a name to the number though.

I only started receiving them a week or few after my SMIDSY and they stopped once i settled and have had none since

classic33

Leg End Member
I only started receiving them a week or few after my SMIDSY and they stopped once i settled and have had none since
Similar experience, but on contacting one of the companies I was told that the hospital had passed the details onto them. Hospital deny it did anything of the sort & asked who did I speak with.

Still might be a coincidence. I've not been in an accident, and got a lot of them a while back, and then it stopped. I imagine that could have coincided with a lot of people's time frames for accident/settlement.

Surprised anyone told you that the hospital had given your details: they'd have to know it was illegal, so I'd have thought they'd have covered it up, if it were true.

classic33

Leg End Member
Still might be a coincidence. I've not been in an accident, and got a lot of them a while back, and then it stopped. I imagine that could have coincided with a lot of people's time frames for accident/settlement.

Surprised anyone told you that the hospital had given your details: they'd have to know it was illegal, so I'd have thought they'd have covered it up, if it were true.
You'd have thought anyone working for a solictor would have known that.

However I amaware that the police will regularly pass private details onto selected third parties. I've had the local force admit to doing this.

Maz

Guru
It was second hand but also custom made. I got it from Cyclemagic in Leicester
I read that CycleMagic is closing down tomorrow, which is a real shame.
They were a great outfit. I bought a couple of bikes off them in the past.

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I read that CycleMagic is closing down tomorrow, which is a real shame.
They were a great outfit. I bought a couple of bikes off them in the past.
It really is incredibly sad news. I do some volunteering down there and have got to know them all quite well and it will be a huge and tangible loss to leicester. Leicesters over officious and unhelpful City Council really should be ashamed of themselves for propagating an environment in which Cyclemagic did not feel that they could continue. It beggars belief it really does.

Top Bottom