Knocked off my bike by another cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
An update for you who've shown concern :B) ;). I went to Blackburn A&E today. they didn't x-ray me as they said i'd had enough radiation over the years.:scratch: Instead they pulled and twisted then came to the conclusion i'd pulled a groin muscle. Nothing can help it apart from pain killers and rest. I spent the afternoon watching television, something i haven't done in years. God there are some seriously boring programs on. Here's to a speedy recovery so i can get back out to riding and working. I'd hate to be housebound!

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good stuff. They decided not to re-scan me recently because I'd had quite a bit of radiation in the last 9 months.

Nothing's broken, get out and ride !!

Mrs M

Guru
An update for you who've shown concern :B) ;). I went to Blackburn A&E today. they didn't x-ray me as they said i'd had enough radiation over the years.:scratch: Instead they pulled and twisted then came to the conclusion i'd pulled a groin muscle. Nothing can help it apart from pain killers and rest. I spent the afternoon watching television, something i haven't done in years. God there are some seriously boring programs on. Here's to a speedy recovery so i can get back out to riding and working. I'd hate to be housebound!
Good news :smile:

I did indeed read the OP, and I never for one second thought a car or gun was involved.

I did read bloke was injured possibly more than he knew.

GuyBoden

Guru
choose%20well.jpg

choose%20well.jpg

Good advice...............

Attachments

• choose%20well.jpg
    choose%20well.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 41
choose%20well.jpg

Good advice...............

But the system has major flaws

NHS111 was underfunded and often inappropriately staffed, It also heavily relied on a computer algorithm to dictate the action that the operator took, or advice given.
This resulted resulted in a number of high profile cases where care was seriously lacking, or inappropriate, so many people do not trust the service or use it because of this

A and E is full of people who cannot get an appointment with their GP..............so after failing to get one, or because it is so distant arrive at the door of A and E

Pharmacies need to get their act together over dignity and respect for patients. We have a series of policies as to what we can and do ask of patients in a waiting room, and are even discreet over date of birth etc. If any of my staff started asking about information that could identify he patient's illness or issue, it would be a gross beach of confidentiality

Yet I am expected to discuss my condition, symptoms and share often intimate details to someone in the middle of a crowded Pharmacy where everyone else can hear?

Cubist

Still wavin'
But the system has major flaws

NHS111 was underfunded and often inappropriately staffed, It also heavily relied on a computer algorithm to dictate the action that the operator took, or advice given.
This resulted resulted in a number of high profile cases where care was seriously lacking, or inappropriate, so many people do not trust the service or use it because of this

A and E is full of people who cannot get an appointment with their GP..............so after failing to get one, or because it is so distant arrive at the door of A and E

Pharmacies need to get their act together over dignity and respect for patients. We have a series of policies as to what we can and do ask of patients in a waiting room, and are even discreet over date of birth etc. If any of my staff started asking about information that could identify he patient's illness or issue, it would be a gross beach of confidentiality

Yet I am expected to discuss my condition, symptoms and share often intimate details to someone in the middle of a crowded Pharmacy where everyone else can hear?
Being g a veteran visitor of pharmacies, I can report that most round here now have consulting rooms. It's a massive relief not to have to hear all about Gladys Allthrop's bottom whilst waiting for my codeine.

We were given Clexane, which is administered by syringe

Asked about a Sharps bin (protective bin) for the used ones...

In a loud voice the Pharamacist stated 'YOu have to get that from the Drugs Rehab Centre'

We got an awful lot of funny looks, and it was obvious that quite a few thought we were. Users

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
This reminds me of the time when i was a young'un. Sprained my ankle and could barely walk but i still managed to do the odd mile or two on the crappy halfords mtb with very little discomfort

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

What policy is that, please? If I try to make an appointment at surgery reception, I am expected to discuss my condition and so on to someone in the middle of a crowded waiting room with only a pane of glass on one side to muffle the sound. On arrival for the appointment, I have to type my details into a tablet on arrival in full view of the waiting room. It makes the pharmacy with its calling out of names seem positively discreet!

I'm a bit grumpy about my previously-good GP surgery this week because they both failed to send my test results to the hospital clinic and refused to give me a copy of them, drastically reducing the usefulness of a consultation which will have cost me and the local Clinical Commissioning Group hundreds of pounds each.

I work in a hospital where dignity and respect are at the front

Reception staff all know that ANY discussion of detail in the reception is unacceptable, equally the phone is in s back office to allow phone conversations confidentiality

Top Bottom