Knocked off..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scoop940

Scoop940

just looked the bike over better, both wheels need truing, front nearly touches the blocks and the rear mech has clearly taken quite a beating on the tarmac.

I think I came off not too bad thanks to wearing all the thick winter layers, would have been worse in summer gear!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Reporting it to the police is the best idea, if only to cover your back a little if/when the lying starts from the other party.

You are supposed to report as soon as possible, but you've been attending to your injuries, so no worries there.

Doubt you feel like going out now, but at least lift the phone to the coppers to make a start on the report..

icky

gone pedlin
Glad your ok I had a close call a couple of months back same as you car pulled out with out looking but i got lucky . You should go get checked out so many things crop up later hope your back out on the road soon .

OP
OP
Scoop940

Scoop940

cheers all, I tried to call her to discuss repairs, "the number you dialed has not been recognised.." 101 got answered just fine though, handed over to the traffic policing unit.

I'll be back on the bike very soon, might have to be the mountain bike though until the roadie wheels are straightened!

400bhp

Guru
cheers all, I tried to call her to discuss repairs, "the number you dialed has not been recognised.." 101 got answered just fine though, handed over to the traffic policing unit.

I'll be back on the bike very soon, might have to be the mountain bike though until the roadie wheels are straightened!

Bummer - if she gave you the postcode where you were then she was probably visiting someone with her sat nav.

If you are round there a bit you might spot her.

Feckin scum:cursing:

OP
OP
Scoop940

Scoop940

over to the police now, sure it will get sorted out, time for a beer

buggi

Bird Saviour
Please tells you got the reg? Too much of a coincidence it happened on her road if the number is false. More likely that she saw the road name sign and just said it.

clockman

Über Member
Glad to here 101 answered. Looks like they will have to trace her through the reg number, as the phone no is not recognised. Is the address she gave correct? These not bothered attitudes need changing and maybe some points on her licence for failing to report might make her a little more vigilant in future.

Hope it's not too long before your back on your bike and hope it doesn't knock your confidence.

OP
OP
Scoop940

Scoop940

Bummer - if she gave you the postcode where you were then she was probably visiting someone with her sat nav.

If you are round there a bit you might spot her.

Feckin scum:cursing:

I was suspicious when I googled the postcode so rerouted past on the way home, the postcode was right ;)

clockman

Über Member
If the registered keeper doesn't respond to letters it will be dropped after 6 months.

Wouldn't this be a case of plod paying this person a visit? Maybe confirming the address from the reg.

Being devils advocate, is it possible that in the confusion, your car driver got her tel number mixed up. I must be honest, I'm known to do that, with both my home and mobile numbers and I've had those for about 15 years. Never been known to do it for something important though. But, I'm dyslexic so I have an excuse.

OP
OP
Scoop940

Scoop940

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. if there's a next time though I'll call the police

Top Bottom