Kona Paddy Wagon or Genesis Flyer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rshall

Looking to get either one of these next year when work does the cycle to work scheme. I have ridden a single speed converted mountain bike and loved it. Initially will be for leisure/fitness but may be used for commuting in a few years time if I change locations.

So what do people recommend? Any other 'mainstream' bikes I should consider? Any issues with either of these? One downside, have to go through Halfords to get the bike

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
my current C2W ends next month :tongue: Tempted to buy another bike, I quite like the Genisis and the Kona in the flesh looks good. The Kona will take mudgaurds, which I think for a commuter needs some consideration.

Just to add, 2010 models will be released in next few months and they do seem rather expensive for what they are ? Both over £540 :smile:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I've got the Paddy Wagon and love it...Not ridden the Flyer so I am unable to comment. The '10 Paddy Wagon in light blue instead of grey looks lush....

Test ride them both and then decide!

Rhys_Po

Not yet - I am scouring the web for news almost daily, such is the hold that this seductive minx of a bike has over me. I haven't been this excited since discovering the Grattan catalogue lingerie section when I was twelve.

I'm just trying to work out how to explain to the Mrs that getting one a couple of months after just buying a new Fixie isn't a frivolity. Maybe I'll remind her of how I ditched my ex GF for her in the first place :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Lol ;)
Well... maybe you can "store" it at my place :becool: I promise I will answer the door when you come over and absolutely would not sneak out for early morning rides on it!

Rhys_Po

It was 'leaked' from the Specialized 2010 dealer catalogue apparently. Some conjecture that it may be available as a frameset only.

Top Bottom