Kona Sutra help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
So these are the parts left over. Assume the nuts & bolts marked 'guard' are for the front mudguard but what about the remaining washers & bolts. And what are the other parts for ?

4a7ee2220d.jpg

4a7fab8493.jpg

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Top left - finishing tape for handlebar tape.
Bottom left - brackets for front and rear reflectors.
Bottom pic - crimps for the ends of brake and gear cables (stops cables fraying).

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Thanks guys
So stoopid question are there any parts here that I absolutely must fit ?

Im not with the bike presently hence the question.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The handlebars should be taped so you don't need the spare finishing tape.
I doubt that the bike would be supplied without cable crimps attached to the ends of cables, if it doesn't have them then crimp them on otherwise the cable ends will fray.
The reflector brackets are useless without the attached reflectors.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Thanks man
I think the handlebars were taped everything was there I just had to bolt them to the stem and the rear brake was working just need to sort the front brake. I have the reflectors so no problem there. I guess the extra bolts are for the brackets ?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Thanks man
I think the handlebars were taped everything was there I just had to bolt them to the stem and the rear brake was working just need to sort the front brake. I have the reflectors so no problem there. I guess the extra bolts are for the brackets ?
Yes the small bolts could be for fixing the reflectors to the brackets. I don't know what the long bolts are.
What's wrong with the front brake?

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Having spoken to my dealer I should have been able to insert the disc in between the calipers but I definitely could not so spotted the allen key on the inside caliper and backed the bolt out to allow more clearance for the disc. I just need to screw the caliper back in now and all should be well.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Must admit I have a soft spot for Kona bikes.
How are you getting on with the bar end shifters?

Whoops sorry missed this post shifters were a little awkward at first but im pretty used to them now and the shift is nice and smooth most of the time. Overall very pleased with it had issue with creaking seats and squeeking brakes but all resolved (touch wood) and I happily recommend this bike. Fitted a set of Ortlieb citty panniers which has turned it in an even more capable commuter.

Top Bottom