La Vuelta 2017 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
There's a climb around here with a stretch of similar gradient, and more importantly, the same rutted concrete surface. Mercifully it's only a few hundred metres. I can just about keep going. Will be interesting to see how the pros handle the real thing

View attachment 366149

Where's that?

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Will be interesting to see how Julian Alaphilippe fares - not GC I suspect, particularly after being out for so long, but probably targeting stage wins.

SWSteve

Guru
I cannot wait to see the Race with the brothers Yates as well as Chavez all in the squad.

If Chavez has managed to build on the tour, and has some semblance of previous form it could be a really exciting prospect to see the three of them working together.

I would also love one of the Yates to be in the Young Rider jersey, whilst the other wins a stage, just to hear the stories of confusion from the race organisers...

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I cannot wait to see the Race with the brothers Yates as well as Chavez all in the squad.

If Chavez has managed to build on the tour, and has some semblance of previous form it could be a really exciting prospect to see the three of them working together.

I would also love one of the Yates to be in the Young Rider jersey, whilst the other wins a stage, just to hear the stories of confusion from the race organisers...
I don't think that there is a young riders' jersey

SWSteve

Guru
I don't think that there is a young riders' jersey

You're not wrong, they have that combined jersey. Ta a disgrace it isn't multi coloured/designs

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I don't know why they bother with the points jersey - there's nothing in it for sprinters, as most of the intermediate sprints are towards the end of the stage. Likewise most of the breakaways will have been caught by then.

I don't know why they bother with the points jersey - there's nothing in it for sprinters, as most of the intermediate sprints are towards the end of the stage. Likewise most of the breakaways will have been caught by then.
The winner of the Points jersey last year did not win a stage.
Neither did the winner of the KOM.
The winner of the GC won 1 stage.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm slightly surprised that Purito never won the points jersey in the Vuelta. I thought he had done at least once, but I must have been thinking of the Giro. He did win the Combination jersey in the Vuelta though.

Top Bottom