La Vuelta a Espana *Spoiler*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Makes you wonder if Movistar should have gone all out for Valverde.Almost feel sorry for Quintana,i feel like hes got the legs for it but not the head ?

I agree, Quintana's head has gone. The only thing which I can think it's not this is that he has such a poker face it's hard to see how much he's hurting. He threw away the win on Saturday.

Valpiti will win the Vuelta.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Valpiti will win the Vuelta.

An ageing ex-doper winning the Vuelta... that'll be a nice change from the norm.

Adam4868

Guru
If Quintana and Valverde get their heads together you'd think one of them would take it ? A lot resting on today's time trial I guess.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
In recent years ValvPiti has been blown away on the bigger mountains in GTs but he's still in there in this race. Either he's on the juice or this race is a step below.
I'm going for the latter version but it's really still open for anyone to take if they've anything left at the end of the week. I hope it's Yates, and without wishing to stymie him, he looks like he might have something in reserve and is holding back after the Giro fiasco.

Adam4868

Guru
In recent years ValvPiti has been blown away on the bigger mountains in GTs but he's still in there in this race. Either he's on the juice or this race is a step below.
I'm going for the latter version but it's really still open for anyone to take if they've anything left at the end of the week. I hope it's Yates, and without wishing to stymie him, he looks like he might have something in reserve and is holding back after the Giro fiasco.
No team Sky ? To a certain extent I think it's not been as hard a Vuelta yet...still more to come I hope.Should be close enough I though.I agree Yates looking good still,and for his sake I hope he wins.Just can't stand him being interviewed !

400bhp

Guru
Simon Yates has obviously worked on his time trialling - he even put time on his main rivals.

He showed he's improved a lot since last year at the Giro TT.

He's now much of a muchness with most of the climbers.

Valpiti did well yesterday to pull some time back on the back half of the course. At one point he looked like he was going to be a fair way off Yates.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I wonder if Yates put too much into yesterday and will suffer today on an undulating course with plenty of opportunity for attacks.

Top Bottom