La Vuelta a Espana *Spoiler*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Whereas Valverde would keep disappearing to find his “mate”, and coming back some time later looking rather shifty.

everyone will think simon yates has drunk twenty pints at the end of the night, unaware that when he went to the loo after ten pints adam took his place and drunk another ten

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Froome not sure if he wants to be in the current pub where he has been a regular all his life or move to the new upmarket gastro pub in another town

He's OK, he's just sitting quietly in the corner with his Campari and lemon, surrounded by his bodyguards who he keeps sending to the bar at regular intervals before charging off and leaving them all behind when they ring for last orders.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
He's OK, he's just sitting quietly in the corner with his Campari and lemon, surrounded by his bodyguards who he keeps sending to the bar at regular intervals before charging off and leaving them all behind when they ring for last orders.
Staring all the time at his beer mat, and knocking over other people’s drinks with his long, gangly arms.

From today's race centre on lavuelta.es

Stéphane Rossetto (Cofidis) hopes Nacer Bouhanni can shine in the sprint today: “Yesterday was the kind of stage we’re used to seeing at La Vuelta, fighting for one hour, one hour and a half, and then 20-30 riders break away but don’t work well together. I was following De Marchi when he accelerated and I figured ‘let’s go’. We pushed really hard, I gave a lot… In a good day, I could have kept up to the finish. Next time, I’ll ride more conservatice. Today is a stage for Nacer (Bouhanni). He will have to pay attention to the wind. Viviani is the stronger but Nacer knows how to maneuver to beat him. With Nacer, expect anything. He is able to win.”

Adam4868

Guru
From today's race centre on lavuelta.es

Stéphane Rossetto (Cofidis) hopes Nacer Bouhanni can shine in the sprint today: “Yesterday was the kind of stage we’re used to seeing at La Vuelta, fighting for one hour, one hour and a half, and then 20-30 riders break away but don’t work well together. I was following De Marchi when he accelerated and I figured ‘let’s go’. We pushed really hard, I gave a lot… In a good day, I could have kept up to the finish. Next time, I’ll ride more conservatice. Today is a stage for Nacer (Bouhanni). He will have to pay attention to the wind. Viviani is the stronger but Nacer knows how to maneuver to beat him. With Nacer, expect anything. He is able to win.”
I might agree with "expect anything" bit not so much with the "he is able to win"

Top Bottom