La Vuelta ciclista a España 2019 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I reckon quickstep would have won that if they didn't have to slow on the corner where the car was servicing the remaining jumbo visma riders
Well, I reckon Jumbo would have won if that hosepipe hadn't gone daft. Why should Deco Nick not have to deal with the hosepipe fallout too?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Any inside info on why Kenny Ellisonde was dropped at the last minute given this quote from de la Cruz?

"On a personal level, De La Cruz said that he was a, “bit short on form, it’s not been an easy year with injuries and falls. Then initially being out of the race” - before Ineos re-selected him - “broke the usual sense of momentum you get during the build-up to a Grand Tour.”

Adam4868

Guru
Any inside info on why Kenny Ellisonde was dropped at the last minute given this quote from de la Cruz?

"On a personal level, De La Cruz said that he was a, “bit short on form, it’s not been an easy year with injuries and falls. Then initially being out of the race” - before Ineos re-selected him - “broke the usual sense of momentum you get during the build-up to a Grand Tour.”
He was apparently told (Ellisonde) at the very last minute,pretty shitty news ! I'd be surprised if he's still there next year ,given he hasn't rode a grand tour.As for De la Cruz maybe he wasn't feeling up to it ? Big Dave gets on the phone "oi Cruz get yer bags packed your Spanish,they'll like you,your going"
Can't do a Yorkshire accent sorry....

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He was apparently told (Ellisonde) at the very last minute,pretty shitty news ! I'd be surprised if he's still there next year ,given he hasn't rode a grand tour.As for De la Cruz maybe he wasn't feeling up to it ? Big Dave gets on the phone "oi Cruz get yer bags packed your Spanish,they'll like you,your going"
I think Kenny E is already confirmed to be moving to Trek but why the last minute change. And Sosa would have been a better bet!

Adam4868

Guru
I think Kenny E is already confirmed to be moving to Trek but why the last minute change. And Sosa would have been a better bet!
Didn't know about Kenny going.Yea I agree,watching Sosa at the last race I thought this was nailed on for him ! As for the last min team change I can only guess it was either a fall out or they thought De la Cruz was more help ? Just wild guesses who knows.
Even though im glad Tao gets a chance it's almost like there not arsed ? They have the Tour that's the biggie.
Still backed Tao though !

its gonna finish up with too many chiefs and not enough Indians @ ineos

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Big Dave gets on the phone "oi Cruz get yer bags packed your Spanish,they'll like you,your going"
Don't worry about it, neither can Sir Dave - he was born in Derbyshire and grew up in Wales! :okay:

PS Would spectators using their phones to report from the roadside kindly shoot their videos in landscape mode - I'm interested in what happens on the road itself, not on the upper floors of the surrounding buildings!

I'm looking forward to today's stage - those are the roads that I used to ride on my annual Costa Blanca cycling holiday.

quintana takes the win on stage 2 after attacking with 3km to go,.... roche in second,and takes the red jersey,..... roglic came in third after just managed to stay upright on a bend at 2km to go and makes up the time lost yesterday ……...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, I'll stick my neck out and say that Ineos won't be winning this race.
dela Cruz leading rider at 2 minutes and TGH has managed to lose 10 minutes today

Top Bottom