La Vuelta ciclista a España 2019 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, I'll stick my neck out and say that Ineos won't be winning this race.
dela Cruz leading rider at 2 minutes and TGH has managed to lose 10 minutes today
I don't understand why he was given the lead, it really is like they don't care. He had his chance in the Giro and didn't look up to it.

Am glad am not a sprinter at this vuelta with GC guys going for it already.
Looking like it could be an exciting race.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't understand why he was given the lead, it really is like they don't care. He had his chance in the Giro and didn't look up to it.
I think he crashed out of the Giro, didn't he, but I take your point Geraint or Sosa would have been the obvious choices

I think he crashed out of the Giro, didn't he, but I take your point Geraint or Sosa would have been the obvious choices
He'd missed the cut by the time he crashed though. He was minutes down by then, can't recall exactly how much but he wasn't in a few key moves. Can't recall and it was only 4 weeks ago!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He'd missed the cut by the time he crashed though. He was minutes down by then, can't recall exactly how much but he wasn't in a few key moves. Can't recall and it was only 4 weeks ago!
Your memory is clearly better than mine apart from the fact that the Giro was longer than 4 weeks ago ^_^

Adam4868

Guru
Late to watch this last night,well that was some sprint stage ! Happy for Quintanna with a great stage win and for Roche,he's been pretty good this year.
As for Ineos what can you say but game over.I thought they might have lasted a little longer.I get about the Giro and Tao,but he looked a lot better in tour of Poland a few weeks ago.

Chunkyclimber

Heading to Andorra for stage 9 on Sunday (hoping the thunder that’s currently forecast doesn’t happen). Does anyone know what time the roads close (roughly) before a Vuelta mountain stage and when they reopen afterwards?

Adam4868

Guru
Heading to Andorra for stage 9 on Sunday (hoping the thunder that’s currently forecast doesn’t happen). Does anyone know what time the roads close (roughly) before a Vuelta mountain stage and when they reopen afterwards?
I'd be guessing at around midday,what the does it start 2,30/3 ? So reckon on at least 12.As for opening after usually pretty quick when last riders and cars have gone through.Have a great time I'm jealous !

Chunkyclimber

Brilliant, thanks Adam. Yeah starts quite late compared to other grand tour stages, but I remember when Le Tour came through Cambridge they shut the roads here at 5 am. Can’t get an exact time but it sounds like la Vuelta are way more sensible about road closures and letting fans get around.

Top Bottom