La Vuelta SPOILERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
2005 - when he felt sorry for people who do not believe in miracles:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yes but returning in 2009, to feed his ego, didn't turn out so well for him did it? It opened a whole new can of worms and restarted the statute of limitations on his old doings. Had he just left well enough alone he couldn't have been touched and his 'legacy', such as it was, would have remained intact. Instead it led to a whole raft of lawsuits and investigations and his come-to-Jesus moment on Oprah...

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Movistar does not look like the old disfuncional Movistar anymore
Roglic getting another bonus
Great stage again

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Yes but returning in 2009, to feed his ego, didn't turn out so well for him did it? It opened a whole new can of worms and restarted the statute of limitations on his old doings. Had he just left well enough alone he couldn't have been touched and his 'legacy', such as it was, would have remained intact. Instead it led to a whole raft of lawsuits and investigations and his come-to-Jesus moment on Oprah...
Of course it did not
In Armstrong's lie he admitted regret about his farewell tour precisely because of that

All this mix of Giro and Vuelta, I don't know my 'Cabeza de Carrera' (aren't they £299 at Halfords?) from my 'Race leader' as it weirdly says on Eurosport Giro coverage.

Do all Italians now speak English or what?

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Valverde is a sacred cow in Movistar and in general in Spain. You might find people mentioning Contador's special steaks, no one ever says anything about Valverde.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not sure what Amador and Carapaz were up to on the run in. Weird.
Losing a few more seconds to their rivals needlessly.

beastie

Guru
Been away for the last week so only caught the Eurosport coverage for the first time today, who let that knobber Kirby near a GT again?
God he is truly awful! Rob Hatch has got progressively worse since lockdown finished as well....far too much hyperbole, or “hyperbowl” as one of my Colleagues thinks it’s pronounced!
ITV is generally more bearable, although Boulting was a better commentator when he knew less about cycling. He knew less so talked less.
I wish all of them would sometimes just let the pictures speak for themselves. If there is nowt doing in the race then it would be nice for the commentary to STFU now and again!!!!🤫🤫🤫

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I think a significant factor in his presence is just his star quality. He's Ineos' star, and even if he has only one leg, he gets coverage and he's a story. For instance, Radio 5 mentioned the Vuelta in passing this morning, which is unusual - but only to comment on Froome. So non-cycling fans get to be reminded of Ineos. And cycling fans like to chew the fat about his inclusion, as we are doing now.

So the "soap opera" aspect and PR considerations may be at play. Plus sporting consideration that he could be a handy domestique capable of putting in key efforts even if he explodes afterwards.
I like him and I'm sick of fecking hearing about him allready ^_^ He'll come good.
More shocking is that Dumoulin lost over 8 mins yesterday...

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Jumbo train seems to be a shade of TDF...
So far both Movistar and Ineos seemed more consistent and organised
Roglic is in a good form, and seems to have completely shaken any lingering hangover from that TT, but he will not have as much support as in France
Again, yesterday's Movistar tactic worked almost perfectly, isolating at some point both Roglic and Carapaz

Top Bottom