La Vuelta SPOILERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
On a side note
Froome extremely careful in the corners
Could've caught the peleton but was taking his time
Seems mentally shot
He's not there to win the GC, he'd been dropped and wasnt going to be any help to Carapaz, so didn't need to descend like a loon and was happy to ride within himself. Better safe than sorry. He's here to try and ride himself back into some sort of form ahead of next year.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
To be fair as a massive Froome/Sky/Ineos "fanboy" I'm not sure I wanted to see him descending like a demon in the wet just yet...
I do like other teams aswell :rolleyes:

He's not there to win the GC, he'd been dropped and wasnt going to be any help to Carapaz, so didn't need to descend like a loon and was happy to ride within himself. Better safe than sorry. He's here to try and ride himself back into some sort of form ahead of next year.
Agree about the safety approach.

But does using this race for training make any sense? Training for races in March 2020??
I don't get it; either Skyneos have allowed him to have one last go at a big race (out of loyalty to their star), or there was a different plan.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Agree about the safety approach.

But does using this race for training make any sense? Training for races in March 2020??
I don't get it; either Skyneos have allowed him to have one last go at a big race (out of loyalty to their star), or there was a different plan.
How do you know that's it ? Are you sure he can't help out or ride himself into some sort of form ?
Or dare I say do you not think they owe him at least a go ?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Yes
Better safe than sorry
It may be a training ride (but I don't see sir Dave being that sentimental)

But in this case should have stayed home to be honest

This puzzles me. If that were the case surely Ineos would have said. "You're not at racing fitness, and you're leaving. You can watch it on telly at home in Monaco".

Why should Ineos be helping a rider to get fit for another team by giving him a slot in a GT? Sentiment? Newsworthy sponsor exposure?
Exactly. two people here have now suggested he's using the race for training; that doesn't make sense to me.

(it makes a lot more sense to bring him as a Super-Domestique. I really don't know why they picked him!!! :-) )

beastie

Guru
Exactly. two people here have now suggested he's using the race for training; that doesn't make sense to me.

(it makes a lot more sense to bring him as a Super-Domestique. I really don't know why they picked him!!! :-) )
I reckon he has earned a bit of slack from Ineos don’t you..?
Let’s see how he goes in the last week, if he gets that far.

Top Bottom