Lack of cock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd like to say that it is fillet of roe deer, black on the outside with a sticky wine and juniper sauce, but it's, steak and chips, with fried onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion rings and salad. A bit plebby, but downright delicious. :biggrin:

Is it the butlers day off ? ^_^

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You're right, pheasant much too big. A goshawk though...that'd be a sight going for your birds. I'm not involved in pheasant rearing or shooting so I'm just surmising re timings. They apparently take 6 weeks incubation/fledging then 10 weeks in juvenile plumage.

I hate pheasants. When I see one while I'm on my bike they always look like they're so stupid they'll flush straight at my head
The local ones aim for my front wheel, and, I'm not sorry to say, one got collected last year. One of our group took it home to hang. He's into game.

[QUOTE 3550785, member: 259"]Domesticated pheasants are daft as brushes. It makes shooting them a little easier. Domesticated cock pheasants are about as alert to danger as a tub of lard. Our tomcat used to drag tons of the things in from the fields. I think the foxes thought they were too stupid to bother with.[/QUOTE]
Yep, totally daft buggers. We spent years having to make sure that we had netting over our doors in the old house because every time we opened a door, all the pheasants would run towards us :wacko: and if a door was left open we would end up with a pheasant in the house and it was usually the males! As for the time we went away and accidentally left the front door wide open for the entire weekend... xx(

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Yep, totally daft buggers. We spent years having to make sure that we had netting over our doors in the old house because every time we opened a door, all the pheasants would run towards us :wacko: and if a door was left open we would end up with a pheasant in the house and it was usually the males! As for the time we went away and accidentally left the front door wide open for the entire weekend... xx(
Previous residents fed the pheasants?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My favourite ever CycleChat thread title was "I punched a pheasant" For some reason it always makes me laugh. And when I see a pheasant, while out on my bike, the thread title is now an automatic thought. Featuring @betty swollocks

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My butler lives on top of Kings Cross. Talk about ideas above his station.

If you paid him more he'd be able to live above St Pancras Station.

Top Bottom