Ladies bib shorts recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Decathlon?

Being a shortarse, bibs are a no-no for me (everything's in the wrong place), but their mid-range shorts and MTB capris are good. Pad isn't too bulky and the fabric is quite sturdy. Personally I prefer the MTB capris over the shorts. Am a curvy size 10 and a small fits me fine. A bit snug when new, but will get a little roomier with wear.

Oddly, when it comes to jerseys, I'm wanting their medium size...

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Decathlon?

Being a shortarse, bibs are a no-no for me (everything's in the wrong place), but their mid-range shorts and MTB capris are good. Pad isn't too bulky and the fabric is quite sturdy. Personally I prefer the MTB capris over the shorts. Am a curvy size 10 and a small fits me fine. A bit snug when new, but will get a little roomier with wear.

Oddly, when it comes to jerseys, I'm wanting their medium size...
Might get these. Good value at £39.99. I swear by their £7.99 sports bras!

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Decided to spend the afternoon mooching round some cycle shops near me to try some things on. Allterrain cycles shut on Wednesdays.
Chevin cycles - very poor choice compared to the men's. Assistant tried to tell me that lots of women buy men's shorts and did I want to try any on. Really? Is the pad that untechnical that there is no difference in requirements for male and female under carriages? Not to mention basic shape. I declined.
Specialized shorts fit well but reluctant to buy again due to them not lasting well. They also had Altura which were ok but a bit tight on the leg band (my thighs are useful rather than decorative!)

The leg band on shorts is one of the reasons why I prefer capris - just find them irritating / too tight in just about the wrong place. Did try some shorts without (admittedly cheap ones), but they don't stay put, which leads to equally irritating problems...

iluvmybike

Über Member
Decided to spend the afternoon mooching round some cycle shops near me to try some things on. Allterrain cycles shut on Wednesdays.
Chevin cycles - very poor choice compared to the men's. Assistant tried to tell me that lots of women buy men's shorts and did I want to try any on. Really? Is the pad that untechnical that there is no difference in requirements for male and female under carriages? Not to mention basic shape. I declined.
Specialized shorts fit well but reluctant to buy again due to them not lasting well. They also had Altura which were ok but a bit tight on the leg band (my thighs are useful rather than decorative!)
That is just such a copout - has the assistant not noiced that men and women are completely different in the short area - what woman needs a pair of shorts with sufficient room for men's parts at the front!! There are plenty to choose from - it is always the same going in to shops you'll find plenty of pairs of men's but only a couple for women usually in either huge or tiny size! I like the Rapha and Stolengoat shorts as they don't have the narrow leg grippers which make sausage leg more likely

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Tried some Endura shorts on today in Allterrain cycles. Ooh - they were lovely!
The pads come in 3 different widths depending on your saddle width - gimmick or not? Not sure.
Unfortunately they were £125 so out of my budget but at least I now know how that brand fits!

The pads come in 3 different widths depending on your saddle width - gimmick or not? Not sure.
Unfortunately they were £125 so out of my budget but at least I now know how that brand fits!

Ouch, I feel your pain!!! :surrender:

On the other hand, if nothing else fits right... :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah, I was going to say that a female cyclist I knew absolutely swore by ASSOS bib shorts but they are always expensive. I did see some on Wiggle for £100-odd in a sale but often they are £150-200+!! :eek:

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Let's see now. Filter by gender. Men's and . . . remind me what the other one is again?
IMG_4343.jpg

Top Bottom