Ladies... relief is at hand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

One of the downsides, for me, of cycling in cold weather is the need to pee. The cold just goes straight to the bladder :biggrin: On a long cycle ride round the lanes of deepest rural East Anglian parts, it can be a bit of a worry to find a secluded place to drop the keks. Oh for the convenience of a bloke where you find a tree, point percy and pee.

So I have invested in a Shewee :biggrin:

No more squatting in a hedge with the threat of nettles up my delicate parts! :biggrin:

I now have a pretend dangly-bit I can water the foliage with. :biggrin:

I shall report back as to the efficacy of said implement in due course.

domtyler

Über Member
Photos please!

Nope...everytime I look at the shewee thing, nettles somehow seem preferable. Can't see myself buying one ever!!! Plus what do you do with the empty, but still used thing after you have watered the countryside? Stick it back in your saddlebags? Urgh...no!!!!:biggrin:

Now the mooncup I am still considering, but a wee container is just too much!

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

The Shewee isn't a wee container - it's a funnel. Cleanliness - well, urine is sterile when it first emerges, so nothing a bit of hand gel & a tissue won't take care of in the keeping-it-clean stakes. And it comes in its own little carrier. At least my 4R$3 won't be on view squatting in a hedge any more :biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
As a guy, I am not really qualified to criticise. But, I would have thought that once Niagara Falls commences the potential for overflow is quite significant. The little outlet bit, looks a bit wee to me.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

It arrived in this morning's post.

So one has had to try it - practise makes perfect. :biggrin:

So I'm stood at the loo.
Lift the lid like wot a bloke does.
Drop keks.
Place Sheewee in position.
Pee.

Cor! It's *easy* :biggrin:

But very odd being a girlie & peeing like a bloke. :biggrin:

Definitely a very, very useful thing to have.

I shall be practising throughout the day.

Another mug of tea please - got to keep the fluid levels high! :biggrin:

Had a look. Will the wee clear your dropped shorts though? Us chaps have a (semi)directable jet. If you squeeze hard surely you'll get splashback rather than a glistening golden arc?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Far too much information........... get some warmer cothes then you won't need to pee.

To be honest, wearing bib shorts and bib tights makes any loo stop difficult for a bloke - usually entails visiting a proper WC and getting half undressed....

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Warmer clothes? I have more layers than a chocolate layer cake three feet tall :blush: I have to having lost so much weight that my 'natural' insulation is mostly gone! It is a cold weather thing with me - exacerbated by my loss of insulting flab. And if you're out all day on the bike in rural parts, there's usually no such thing as a public lavatory (and increasingly the case in urban areas too). Same when I used to do a lot of rambling - out walking in the wilds all day - you still need to pee!

Top Bottom