lake dirtrict , looking for things to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There's quite a good theatre in Keswick - been there a couple of times on lakes weeks. The house company did some strange show about Edward the Confessor and some goings on, and on the other occasion a rather well done and very funny "noises off". Their repertory company were pretty good, so whatever they're doing that week should be a reasonable bet. Quite a good curry house in Keswick too - maybe not fine dining end of curry houses, but perfectly acceptable food in large quantities at a very good price.

I dare say you already know there's lots of excellent hillwalking, scrambling, climbing as well as canoe hiring and other messing about in boats things. etc

Globalti

Legendary Member
I crewed a Swallow boat on Ullswater last May for a pal - enjoyed it but never been so cold in all my life. There are plenty of small sailing clubs and at least two places on Ullswater, which is quieter than Windermere, where you can hire boats and might be able to blag a trip in a sailing dinghy.

I'm at 0:19 standing next to the black car:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqE3L77EAHg

Leodis

Veteran
Park up in Grasmere and have a look around. Walk around Grasmere lake, then carry on to Rydal water and have lunch in Rydal, walk the coffin route back to Grasmere and have a good pint in Tweedles.

Steady walk and something for all.

gavgav

Guru
There's quite a good theatre in Keswick - been there a couple of times on lakes weeks. The house company did some strange show about Edward the Confessor and some goings on, and on the other occasion a rather well done and very funny "noises off". Their repertory company were pretty good, so whatever they're doing that week should be a reasonable bet. Quite a good curry house in Keswick too - maybe not fine dining end of curry houses, but perfectly acceptable food in large quantities at a very good price.

I dare say you already know there's lots of excellent hillwalking, scrambling, climbing as well as canoe hiring and other messing about in boats things. etc
Hear Hear for the theatre and "Noises Off" was excellent!!

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
20150124_100243.jpg
@vernon, me and mrs roadrash probably weigh a few pounds extra now after a visit to kennedys chocolates:mrpig:

Top Bottom