Lance Armstrong, love or loathe, in 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
And very nicely too. I think he probably cleans up quite nicely from all the subsequent attention.
I'm not entirely sure if "cleans up well" is a phrase I'd use. Like others have mentioned, he comes across as someone who is more sorry he was caught rather sorry he did it. That said, build a bridge and get over it. He wasn't the first and there is a few more stories to come from the peloton today.

I don't love him or loath him but it would be great to have an honest conversation with him.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
until he doped he was never going to be a GT contender as evidenced by his results prior to cancer, a good stage / one day er maybe but his vo2 max and haemocrit levels were nothing to write home about ( for a top althete anyway ) .Untill ferrari took him under his wing .
Of course i admire the determination to beat cancer at the level he had and come back to any level and maybe that determination overspilled into the way he treated people but it still does not excuse the way he did .
Read its not about the bike which was ghost written then compare notes with 7 deadly sins by david walsh
Ok,some good points there,but I won't 'like' your post as it'd kind of be an admission that i'm wrong about him.:thumbsup:

otek59

I'm not entirely sure if "cleans up well" is a phrase I'd use. Like others have mentioned, he comes across as someone who is more sorry he was caught rather sorry he did it. That said, build a bridge and get over it. He wasn't the first and there is a few more stories to come from the peloton today.

I don't love him or loath him but it would be great to have an honest conversation with him.
I think it would be difficult to have a honest conversation with him

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
He was a bare faced liar, cheat, and as others said the only thing he regretted was getting caught. He cheated many cyclists out of the real possibility of being able to beat him if the races had been run in a fair way.

They way he stood his ground and told outright lies in front of the camera for years beggars belief. Not someone I would like to meet and certainly not someone I could ever admire.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A cheating git, that made some people's life a misery - ex. friends and partners etc I've read a few things about how much of a driven narcissist he was - didn't give a hoot about anyone, and would destroy anyone that got in his way.

fossyant

...and actively, and with consummate malice destroyed entirely innocent people

Exactly. Horrid man.

fossyant

In 2008 I posted this.

I stand by it, except I'd add bullying, lying and despicable to the charge sheet too.

I thought a lot of him at the time, but then found out the truth. It's the damage to others that he did I can't forgive - he can cheat, but drag all sorts of folk through 'legal proceedings' and more....

Oh and having a pop at good old Greg Lemond did it for me.

Top Bottom