Lance Armstrong, love or loathe, in 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Loathe, thanks.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yes, I get that, but that’s not the worst thing for me, because it appears that it was common, if not rife, in the peloton of those years.
It’s more the vociferous lies for years, that he actually wasn’t doping in any way, that makes me dislike him as much as I do.
And the way he stomped all over everyone in the process

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not love,but kind of admire him...still. I think it's more the beating cancer than his 7 dodgy TdF wins. He still competes and is still a great athlete. If he hadn't taken those mickey finns he could've still won the TdF 3,4 or 5 times.

I might even name one of my palm trees Lance!:whistle:

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not love,but kind of admire him...still. I think it's more the beating cancer than his 7 dodgy TdF wins. He still competes and is still a great athlete. If he hadn't taken those mickey finns he could've still won the TdF 3,4 or 5 times.

I might even name one of my palm trees Lance!:whistle:
until he doped he was never going to be a GT contender as evidenced by his results prior to cancer, a good stage / one day er maybe but his vo2 max and haemocrit levels were nothing to write home about ( for a top althete anyway ) .Untill ferrari took him under his wing .
Of course i admire the determination to beat cancer at the level he had and come back to any level and maybe that determination overspilled into the way he treated people but it still does not excuse the way he did .
Read its not about the bike which was ghost written then compare notes with 7 deadly sins by david walsh

Top Bottom