Lance assembling next year's team already..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, Astana is finished after this year anyway as a credible team. So I reckon a new Livestrong 'A' team is not unlikely, and depending on who else is involved Cav might be tempted... there is a well-known mutual admiration.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Here's to hoping it becomes something like the film 'Semi-Pro' and they get the likes of Cipo on board....

yello

Cavendish said in his post-ride interview (on French tele) that he'd go to whoever paid the money!

But I really couldn't see him going to 'Team Sky' (or whatever) if they didn't also offer him a support team. I think he is aware that his success is due in no small part to the team Columbia have assembled for him. Ask Wiggins about it, it's partly why he moved to Garmin.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Armstrong's teams have always been about winning the GC. Has there ever been a sprinter in his teams?
If he had Cav and a lead out train there would be a compromise on winning the overall IMO.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
yello said:
Cavendish said in his post-ride interview (on French tele) that he'd go to whoever paid the money!

In the interview with The Observer a couple of weeks back he said he would only join "the best team in the world"... I can't see Sky being that, however promising it is.

yello

Well, the question was in French! And Cavendish was laughing when he gave the answer (in English!).

I'd be surprised if he moved anywhere else to be honest. Unless Columbia decide to re-jig there team that is.

Skip Madness

Hincapie has never been a top-class sprinter, but he is always a good fast man when the group thins down a bit - among those who aren't really sprinters, he is one of the best sprinters. As his victories in California, the Dauphiné and others attest to.

girofan

This is the reason it's Bertie against the rest of the Astana team in this TdF. All the riders want to be in LA's new team come the demise of Astana as we know it!
Vinokurov will be back next year with a small budget, no hope outfit, with even more questionable personnel and management. I'd bet my new Specialized on it!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom