@lancearmstrong: Hey Glasgow, Scotland!! I'm coming your way tomorrow. Who wants to go for a bike ri

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Chuffy said:
Knows full well that he's a bit of a knob...
A bit of a knob?! A full on erect throbbing horses phallus more like.

I bet that's why St Lance of Love Shack is in Glasgow. They can both sit and stroke each other and tell one another how wonderful they are.

maurice

lol @ the haters getting themselves worked up.

akaAndrew

Chuffy said:
Got a better sense of humour than he's given credit for and doesn't nick all the tour buses leaving his teamates band members stranded before important events...;)

Glad you're paying attention there Chuffy, my posts aren't just to wind up the fanboys!

I'm sure there'll be a high old buddy buddy time up there at Hampden Park tonight....

'Hey, Lance, did you hear about the time I saved an entire village from starvation?'

'No, tell me about it Bonehead'

'It's Bono actually one-ball, er, yeah....I gave them half our rider for the evening'

'ha ha ha ha, good one, I get it, cycling, rider, ha ha ha. Say, have you heard about cancer?'

alp1950

You can analyse this event in so many ways....

...but at the end of the day.....pure dead brilliant!!

gavintc

Guru
It was a cracking ride. I had presumed that he had arrived early morning to the hotel, get a few hours sleep after his transatlantic flight and then go for a spin. however, he arrived directly from the airport. The crowd had grown steadily and was pretty massive when he turned up at the hotel. After a shortish time, he had signed some stuff chatted to some people and given some interviews, we were off. What a crowd.

The rain moved from drizzle to rain and as well left Paisley, some of the riding on display was simply shocking. I believed that what I was witnessing was a road race without the marshalls. I am pleased that no one was injured in the process. The pace was pretty steady at just over 20 mph on the flat, so quite comfortable. I have not a clue where we went and just hung on for the duration, noting that the number of riders was getting smaller and smaller as we charged along country lanes in a constant spray from the rain and from wheels. We then hit a decent drag and I will admit to sliding off the pace here. I could see the peloton tantalisingly in the distance and had resigned to coming home on my own or with the other tail enders. however, I then spotted that the peloton had stopped for a photo opportunity and this allowed me to get back on. We then descended back into Paisley with about 40-50 riders. Quite a contrast to the mass start which I reckon was around 300. Things were far more controlled as we headed back to Paisley. I think my average overall was somewhere around 18-19 mph. I failed to restart the computer and my last ride affected the average.

At the end Lance signed some stuff, chatted and then headed off. It was quite an event and I am pleased to say that I cycled alongside him for a few hundred metres.

Incredibly, the rain eased as I headed back into Glasgow.

maurice

Excellent stuff Gavin, did you get chance for a quick chat?

akaAndrew

Sounds like fun Gavin. Seriously. For all the p*ss taking etc I do here, I'd not deny anyone their enjoyment of the event.

gavintc

Guru
Yes, I managed a few pleasantries as we rode. Nothing earth shattering about world peace or the meaning of life, just a thank you for inviting us and a comment about the rain. He seemed to genuinely enjoy it.

Chuffy

Veteran
maurice said:
Damnit I'm jealous.

Right, so whose up for petitioning Wiggins to do a London ride?
We could call it Touch A Commoner. :angry:
I don't do hero worship of any kind, but I'd probably stir myself for Wiggy. ;)

Top Bottom