@lancearmstrong: Hey Glasgow, Scotland!! I'm coming your way tomorrow. Who wants to go for a bike ri

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
wp-admin%5Cimages%5Cgreen%20monster.jpg

eldudino said:
I'm not sure why Chuffy's so anti-publicity stunt. Who cares? Even if it was purely for self promotive purposes, it doesn't stop the fact that people had a good time and enjoyed themselves with a living legend (lover or hater, who else has won 7 TdF's?). I don't understand why you're so negative about the event.
FFS, try reading what I said...;)
I don't begrudge him doing it, it was a smart piece of work and neat use of new media.
That's not necessarily a bad thing but it shows how well he works the media, new tech and his fans.
Cheap, simple and everyone goes away happy.
Even I might cut him a little slack on that score! This was a classic 'quick win' piece of guerrilla marketing. Much less difficult and time consuming than organising a whole charidee ride, which I'm pretty sure he does as well.

As you can tell, I've really put the boot in....

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Chuffy said:
FFS, try reading what I said...:biggrin:

As you can tell, I've really put the boot in....

Thanks for re-posting ;) however it doesn't really explain your stance, unless it's just borne of a hatred of LA?!

eldudino said:
Thanks for re-posting ;) however it doesn't really explain your stance, unless it's just borne of a hatred of LA?!
Give me f*king strength....:biggrin:
Ok. I'll make this really simple. Substitute Lance for any other celebrity you care to chose. Anyone, I don't care who. If that same celebrity did the same thing, ie turned up at a previously announced location to be greeted by fans, I'd be saying exactly the same thing and I still wouldn't have a problem with them doing it.

It's not that difficult to grasp, is it?

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Chuffy said:
Give me f*king strength....;)
Ok. I'll make this really simple. Substitute Lance for any other celebrity you care to chose. Anyone, I don't care who. If that same celebrity did the same thing, ie turned up at a previously announced location to be greeted by fans, I'd be saying exactly the same thing and I still wouldn't have a problem with them doing it.

It's not that difficult to grasp, is it?

So are you saying you hate celebrities? :biggrin:

I'm just trying to raise your blood pressure, feel free not to respond. :biggrin:

MajorMantra

Chuffy said:
I don't begrudge him doing it, it was a smart piece of work and neat use of new media. But anyone who thinks that he just spontaneously fancied a ride must surely believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny...:biggrin:

Well that's Christmas, Easter and um, childhood ruined then. ;)

Seriously though, I couldn't care less if it was a 'stunt'. It was still a cool thing to do and I would have liked to have taken part.

Matthew

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Seriously though, he twitted (and I quote):

Thanks to everyone who turned up to ride in Paisley! I figured we'd have a nice ride for a dozen or so. But 100's came. Haha! Awesome!

SO you're WRONG! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Queue Chuffy's blood pressure rise again! ;)

eldudino said:
Seriously though, he twitted (and I quote):

Thanks to everyone who turned up to ride in Paisley! I figured we'd have a nice ride for a dozen or so. But 100's came. Haha! Awesome!

SO you're WRONG! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Queue Chuffy's blood pressure rise again! ;)
Bugger off. I'm going to sit here with a nice cup of tea and think calming thoughts about Bradley Wiggins. :biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Chuffy said:
Bugger off. I'm going to sit here with a nice cup of tea and think calming thoughts about Bradley Wiggins. ;)

What's your tipple? No M&S gold bags left at work so I'm slumming it with a Tetleys. :biggrin:

Noodley

eldudino said:

Translation:

I knew you fanboys would come to see me and stoke my ego, fawn over me and later I came thinking about how awesome I am. Haha! Suckers!

Top Bottom