Landis 'fesses up?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

raindog

er.....
Sysagent said:
And also what about the American public who were paying for these pro-riders to dope under the US Postal banner?
What about 'em? Maybe they're getting what they deserve.

Skip Madness

Regardless of what may or may not come of this, the UCI's response - talking of Landis seeking revenge and having a grudge against Armstrong - is shockingly partial.

Well OK, it's not shocking coming from McQuaid, but it's very depressing.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
wouldn't it be easier just to let them all cheat? If they kill themsleves in the process, it's just another dead doper. No shortage of them on or off bikes.

*dons flame-proof suit*

Skip Madness

It's not fair on anyone who wants to ride cleanly to tell them that they can't try to make a competitive living from cycling unless they're prepared to risk their health and potentially their life. It's race-to-the-bottom stuff in terms of health and safety and workers' rights.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cunego, who has been implicated in the past and is under-investigation now for past indiscretions, has said in an Italian article that it is much cleaner than it was. So much so that he considers himself in with a chance of a GT again.
It was clear that after he cleaned up his act a few years ago he could no longer keep up with Basso, Sella etc so he may be worth listening to.

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."

Hont

Guru
The revelations that Landis makes won't, I don't imagine, come as a surprise to an awful lot of people connected with cycling. I can well believe them as being thoroughly accurate.

However, Landis himself is clearly the worst type of scum. Trying to raise funds through public donations because he tested positive for Testosterone when he had actually taken HGH (or thought he had) and doing that knowing that he had taken Testosterone in the past, just not this time, is the worse kind of lying, cheating fraud.

And now he takes four years to "clear his conscience". Sorry Floyd I don't believe you have one.

raindog

er.....
Skip Madness said:
Regardless of what may or may not come of this, the UCI's response - talking of Landis seeking revenge and having a grudge against Armstrong - is shockingly partial.

Well OK, it's not shocking coming from McQuaid, but it's very depressing.
+1

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
Hont said:
However, Landis himself is clearly the worst type of scum. Trying to raise funds through public donations because he tested positive for Testosterone when he had actually taken HGH (or thought he had) and doing that knowing that he had taken Testosterone in the past, just not this time, is the worse kind of lying, cheating fraud.

I wager that Pharmstrong is a bigger / richer one, imagine all the Cancer sufferers who have had him as an icon for all these years, not too mention the fawning American public...

Just goes to show how naive people really are.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
am I right in thinking that this was precipitated not by Landis, but by the Wall Street Journal coming into posession of some e-mails, leaving Landis with no choice but to 'fess up?

Losidan

wonder if he'll give back the funds he raised for his campaign then. if i had donated I would want and IMMEDIATE refund with interest

Top Bottom