Landrover - the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Is the latest Fiat Panda 4x4 any good? Which is the better power unit & transmission, the 84bhp Twinair petrol engine with 6-speed box or the 1.3-litre 74bhp turbodiesel with five-speed?
dunno but the last 4x4 panda i drove was great. that got me places in the snow in N wales that penious substitute wankpanzers struggled to .

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Dacia Duster? I'd like something I can get an upright mtb in the back of without taking the seatpost off.

[QUOTE 2274150, member: 9609"] Now in your defence you decided to compare a relitively small 4x4 against one of the largest saloon cars on the market - a litte unfair.[/quote]

Which is no different to you vilifying all 4x4s simply because of the way they deliver drive to the wheels.

Linford

[QUOTE 2274068, member: 45"]Waffle all you like. You'll still be wrong. I did what I needed to do and you dont need to know the detail.

You do what you dont need to do.

Do carry on.[/quote]

Need is a very subjective word. If they managed to do their job of wiping bums or whatever before you turned up, the need isn't any greater now.
My need has always been determined by compliance with construction and use law. Yours is a desire to operate efficiently. If you aren't providing an emergency service, then I would say your need is driven by less noble motives than legality, or neccessity.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Need is a very subjective word. If they managed to do their job of wiping bums or whatever before you turned up, the need isn't any greater now.
My need has always been determined by compliance with construction and use law. Yours is a desire to operate efficiently. If you aren't providing an emergency service, then I would say your need is driven by less noble motives than legality, or neccessity.
Desperate stuff, Linfy!

U

User482

No its not, you yourself defined it. Its useless 95% of the time.

Now when are you going to sell it and get a grown ups car?

Or, heaven forfend, a bicycle.

green1

Über Member
[QUOTE 2274218, member: 9609"](seems a bit odd to me too) - but can anyone find a 4x4 version of a vehicle that is not considerably more thirsty?[/quote]
Nope because they don't exist. More losses in the drivetrain means lower fuel economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom