Landrover - the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 2273908, member: 9609"]You would be surprised how many people don't know a 4x4 (without diff locks engaged) can become stuck with one wheel removed from the ground.[/quote]

thanks for letting us know. So do I buy the S-Class, or keep the RAV4..?

Linford

thanks for letting us know. So do I buy the S-Class, or keep the RAV4..?

Don't ask difficult questions. Half baked principles don't stand up well to scrutiny

Hotblack Desiato

He has done no such thing. He just made some excuse about having to ferry some workers about...what is wrong with them using a pair of boots and coat as well by your reckoning ?

If they were working for the LA emptying bins, they would claim H&S as a good reason for not going to work...as they have done in my town this week...

Seems to me you have a bit of a 4x4 obsession and that the OP knows how to milk it! Not that I would suggest you are a cow, that would be udderly absurd.

[QUOTE 2273946, member: 9609"]I thought my original statement would have been easy to understand. Here it is again

So back to your question "so would it be ok to swap a 4WD Toyota RAV4 for a 2WD Merc S-Class - you know, the one with a 6-litre engine"

"In general" people don't use such vehicles for personal transport and as such falls outwith my statement.. And those that do use such vehicles are as bad as those who use large 4x4s[/quote]

ok, I see now. You were talking bollox. You should have said so in the first place.

Linford

Seems to me you have a bit of a 4x4 obsession and that the OP knows how to milk it! Not that I would suggest you are a cow, that would be udderly absurd.

Not at all, it sits on the drive for most of the year. Motorbikes are the obesession. You don't get an adrenalin fix off a car which does 0-60 in 40+ seconds

MrP has been trolling this subject for years...along with a few others on here, if it isn't planet killing, it is something else. http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/upsetting-the-4x4-mums-on-mumsnet.8462/

Canrider

Guru
ok, I see now. You were talking bollox. You should have said so in the first place.
Stating a general case = talking BS now?
That's going to make the average conversation a non-infinite subset of all pre-specified verbal dialogues a bit 77.89% more difficult...

green1

Über Member
[QUOTE 2273946, member: 9609"]I thought my original statement would have been easy to understand. Here it is again

So back to your question "so would it be ok to swap a 4WD Toyota RAV4 for a 2WD Merc S-Class - you know, the one with a 6-litre engine"

"In general" people don't use such vehicles for personal transport and as such falls outwith my statement.. And those that do use such vehicles are as bad as those who use large 4x4s[/quote]
Would it be wrong at this point to point out that a RAV4 (like most if not all softroaders) is not a 4x4?

Linford

4x4s should only be sold under license where the potential buyer has to undertake training and an exam to prove their 'need'.

The aforementioned wankpanzers should then be fitted with sensors on the their gear boxes, if they are not used in 4x4 mode for at least 50% of the time, they will be confiscated and the users licence permanently revoked.

It will be against the law to make them in white.

It will be against the law to sell them in Chelsea, Wilmslow and Windlesham.

An additional licence will be required for farmers, in order to keep all non essential 4x4s away from the countryside.

Anyone spotting someone wearing a puffa jacket whilst driving one, has the right (and moral duty) to shoot on sight.

they should all drive BMW's instead :thumbsup:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Is the latest Fiat Panda 4x4 any good? Which is the better power unit & transmission, the 84bhp Twinair petrol engine with 6-speed box or the 1.3-litre 74bhp turbodiesel with five-speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom