Lands End / John O'Groats here I come..!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Backswing

Do it solo!

aqaleigh

Kirstie said:
Our east of pennines route was:

LE - Bodmin
Bodmin - North Tawton (near Okehampton)
North Tawton - Street
Street - Cirencester
Cirencester - East Haddon (near Northampton)
East Haddon - Lincoln
Lincoln - York
York - West Auckland (we wanted to go to Hamsterley but couldn't get accommodation)
West Auckland - Stannersburn
Stannersburn - Eskbank (SE Edinburgh)
Eskbank - Perth
Perth - Kingussie
Kingussie - Alness
Alness - Lybster
Lybster - JOG

1104 miles or something like that. I'll dig out the stats when I get the chance. Average daily mileage was around 75.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS IMPRESSIVE - THEN THE OP WANTS TO DO 100 MILE DAYS - GOOD LUCK

U

User482

Yeah, we averaged 75 miles/ day which was plenty enough for me! The longest day was 95 miles which was ok, but I don't think I could have managed it for several days in a row. I guess if you go hairshirt with luggage, or have support, it'd be more viable.

klanky

Nearly all the cyclists we have picked up from JOG are averaging between 10-14 days to do the full LEJOG. Most of this group seem to fall into the 12-14 days category.

Wind can be a big problem on the Highland sections, in May the dreaded 'May Gobs' can spring up and wreak havoc with cyclists plans! So the bigger the distances you plan to cover on your Highland days - the more chance there is of falling behind through adverse weather. Keep 'em a bit shorter.IMO.

Top Bottom