"Last of the Summer Wine" bike sold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Bicycle Bonanza was the only LOTSW episode I ever watched all the way through. Reasonably funny, but it may have been the bicycles Drugs.

FTFY!!

LOTSW is about as funny as cat sick.

When were younger, our cat ate an elastic band. It didn't digest, and I'm no vet or biologist, but it seemed to have hooked on something inside, because for a day or two, moggy was wandering around with it hanging out its back end like an action man speaking cord.

It kept trying to pull it out with its teeth, but was getting twanged for its trouble. This was funny, but we thought it best to try and help, but once we'd plucked up the stomach to give it a tug, moggy was having none of it and refused our help.

I know its a bit cruel, but I bet we got more fun out of that laggy band and our mog, than they get out of £100's of pounds of computer games today...in fact I pass WHSmiths on my way to dogs home...hmmm

Last edited:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
When were younger, our cat ate an elastic band. It didn't digest, and I'm no vet or biologist, but it seemed to have hooked on something inside, because for a day or two, moggy was wandering around with it hanging out it's back end like an action man speaking cord.

It kept trying to pull it out with its teeth, but was getting twanged for its trouble. This was funny, but we thought it best to try and help, but once we'd plucked up the stomach to give it a tug, moggy was having none of it and refused our help.

I know its a bit cruel, but I bet we got more fun out of that laggy band and our mog, than they get out of £100's of pounds of computer games today...in fact I pass WHSmiths on my way to dogs home...hmmm
Was the cat ok? Did the rubber band come out on its own?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Animals seem infinitely more entertaining than television, in general. My father always observed that we watched a lot of nature shows in our house, yet were surrounded by animals. My neighbor just got a Beagle/German Shepherd Cross. I laugh every time I see that dog.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The cat was fine, it lived to a ripe old age after that. I loved that cat to bits, she was a proper character.

I don't know if mog pulled the band out, or if it just went through the motions, but she still chewed laggy bands after, but I don't think she swallowed.

You could just have cut it and then pulled it out as a straight piece..... Before washing your hands of course!

I do wonder if the cat would have let you though!! :laugh:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
My Dad watches far too much last of the summer wine, resulting in a curious brummie-Yorkshire hybrid accent that only he understands.

Bostin`, I tell thee...

Top Bottom