last ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
This afternoon, 6 day a week commuter. To be honest if I didn't commute I'm not sure how often I'd get out, but I know it'd be an awful lot less, the temptation is there sometimes to just jump in the car but once I've wheeled the bike out and started turning the pedals it's all good :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There's a sizeable contingent of wimps participating in this thread!

And willy wavers.

I'm somewhere in between, a few miles doing jobs today, and probably about 15 miles tomorrow with my usual Sunday morning group.

Quite content just to keep the pedals ticking over once or twice a week in winter.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Well, it probably doesn't count as "a ride", but having spent the day unblocking a sink and grappling with a horrible software problem, by 8pm I felt pretty yucky. Three circuits of Hammersmith Broadway in 3-4 lanes of busy traffic, followed by a visit to the purveyor of beer on Shepherds Bush Road quite did the trick. A pitiful two miles.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Just back from work.
My second ride today, I don't stop during the winter.
Might stop the non utilitarian rides when gardening weather comes:biggrin:

uclown2002

Guru
Last day off was mid December I think, although quite a lot of rides were on the turbo. I'm not planning on any days off in the immediate future.

"Motivation gets you started; habit keeps you going"

J1780

Thursday 75km weather was cool but dry and bright. I get out when I can and use commuting in all but the coldest darkest days (17km each way with lots of country road) to keep me going for the longer rides. No where near the cycling I used to do and doubt I'll ever get back there but that's the joys of kids for you,

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My usual commuting miles 5 days a week, but I really need to increase my weekend cycling, given I'll be doing some major riding mid-September (I have a European cycling tour then).

Bryony

Veteran
My last ride was boxing day :sad: unfortunately cold weather and my heart problem really doesn't mix well!! I've also had back problems and I'm also having treatment at the moment for a very painful frozen shoulder. Really missing my bikes cycling is my therapy!

screenman

Legendary Member
Last Monday, the wife has been unwell since then so my work load has increased, I now have her lurgy so it may be another few days before I am out again. I miss the excercise more than the cycling.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Was out with my pal on Friday which should of been a 50miler.
Stopped.for lunch at Nets cafe on Burton marshes and it started ro lash with rain. So we pottered up to Neston and got the train home to Wrexham.
its one of the reasons we cycle on the Wirral in the Winter as we're never far from a train home. The other reason is the Wirrals mostly flat :-)

It shames me to say but I honestly can't remember! :blush:

My job excludes commuting as an option and also often leaves me FUBAR at the end of the day/week meaning weekends are often all about recovery time :sad:

Anyhoo I'm feeling ok today, Mrs Smoo hasn't got a shopping list of jobs for me to do, (just a post it note I think), and best of all the sun is shining :sun:

So I'm fully intending to blow the cobwebs of Rhianna and start this years campaign in earnest :bicycle:

[EDIT] DONE :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom