Last thirty years of nutritional advice is bunkum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
The trouble is that many people want to eat junk food and think they should. They also don't think that eating it two or three times a day is eating too much of it. And lying for 6 hours in the sun with a few blobs of factor 15 probably isn't going to save their skin either! :okay:

I am not going to watch the program on fat kids on channel 4 . I can't afford a new telly and it will have things thrown at it based on the soundbites from the trailers for it.

the dad blaming the supermarkets and manufacturers for making and selling the junk food almost had me put a boot through the box. No mate its you buying it for your kids and letting em gorge on it . that's the problem .

sadly people seem to have forgotten what balanced diet means. and don't realise that low fat stuff has oodles of sugar put in to give the taste back and it isn't fat that's the bad thing it is the sugar. yes there are bad fats but nobody eats lard or butter like sweets do they ( I suppose depends on how you make pies )

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Just remember to breath and you can't go wrong

Eat what you want and what you think you should.
Don't eat too much of either.
Get out on your bike in the fresh air as often as you can.
Wear sunscreen.
I should write a book! ^_^
Someone's beaten you to it.

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants

• “If it came from a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, don’t.”
  • “Cook. Cooking for yourself takes back control of your diet.”
  • “No snacks, no seconds, no sweets – except on days that start with S.”
  • “Don’t get your fuel from the same place your car does. Don’t shop for your food at a petrol station.”
  • “Don't eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognise as food.”
  • “Don’t eat anything with more than five ingredients, or ingredients you can't pronounce.”
  • "Always leave the table a little hungry."

suzeworld

Veteran
The usual sort of "all or nothing" reportage of healthy eating issues really incenses me. It encourages the fatalistic notion that "nothing is know", so we might as well ignore it all and not bother trying to be healthy Where as in fact the content of this article is much better than its headline, and does have some good facts in it

The one thing they miss out is that there is a causal link between eating lots of meat and bowel cancer. There IS. Like there is for smoking and lung cancer. Yes, some ppl "get away with it". But doing it increases your risk if you have other predisposing factors.

I don't eat much meat now. I have had bowel cancer. Do not want it again

My charity, Beating Bowel Cancer is supporting this Meat Free Week.
You might be interested:

https://uk.meatfreeweek.org/home

suzeworld

Veteran
Interesting - is this both white as well as red meat?
Glad you got over it incidentally.
Ta! Either a miracle or a combo of amazing good luck with my very strict anti-cancer lifestyle in years since diagnosis and prognosis of being told I was incurable!!

As to yr question ... Tbh I Dunno, think the research is mainly on red meat. Think the main problem is the sheer volume of it.

But I skip both types. Mainly when eating out and see chicken on menu I assume it is some ghastly factory farmed stuff. That puts me off, in itself. I have just got totally into the habit of cooking veggie meals at home, so do not think of meals based on any sort of meat.

Cured meats are particularly carcinogenic generally. Btw. They have known that for years.

Bit more about it here:
https://www.beatingbowelcancer.org/news/jan2012/processed-meat-and-cancer-latest-research

Top Bottom