Last time I use decathlon at surrey quays.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
markharry66

markharry66

Über Member
Red Triban wheel replaced after first month due fact back wheel was defective, three spokes broken had it fixed locally then took it back after other spokes went in original wheel. Now dont use it as much prefer black Triban 5 I have as main bike that has had two new wheels since I got it last may, and now the hybrid seems to be a problem with wheels. I cycle in 14 miles a day the hybrid has not been used other than short journeys not for work.

subaqua

What’s the point
I have from Decathlon

1) rockrider 8.1 - never bust a spoke - the rear wheel bearings did mash emselves in a month - mavic wheel supplied as replacement no quibbles did about 3k on it before wheel got repklaced - front one still going strong
2) sport 1 ( predecessor of triban 3 ) no spokes bust in thousands of miles
3) Triban 3 ( daughters bike ) a fair few thousand miles - no broken spokes have had to regrease hubs tho !!
4) Riverside 7 approx 25 K done on this and 6 spokes- all rear wheel where i bounce about on the towpath
5) Sons 20 inch wheel special - was daughters first geared bike , you can see pics on the kids on bikes thread- he looks like a tiger ! was left out in rain for 4 years- no broken spokes.

quite possibly a lemon wheel ( a friday wheel) but if you don't want any more things from decathlon then thats fine- leaves more for me !!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have from Decathlon

sport 1 ( predecessor of triban 3 ) no spokes bust in thousands of miles
I have fond memories of the Sport 1 I had and likewise did many thousands of miles on it without breaking a spoke. I don't recall ever having to retrue them either, though there were regular regreasings - I don't think they were that well sealed against what dirty wet roads could throw at them. On the other hand, I did have bottom bracket problems with it.

subaqua

What’s the point
I have fond memories of the Sport 1 I had and likewise did many thousands of miles on it without breaking a spoke. I don't recall ever having to retrue them either, though there were regular regreasings - I don't think they were that well sealed against what dirty wet roads could throw at them. On the other hand, I did have bottom bracket problems with it.

the biggest problem I found with the bottom bracket was that it was installed the wrong way round , if you read the manufacturers instructions ! once I swapped it round it worked lovely

OP
OP
markharry66

markharry66

Über Member
I can only speak from experience and the bikes I have purchased from there. The bikes themselves are good the wheels however are not. Okay they are only stock wheels but I found them to be bad quality. Triban 5 again spokes broke after a short while.

Top Bottom