Lasting changes for you following 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
What will be permanently different for you after 2020?
Are you happy about those changes?

I don't expect to see the inside of a restaurant again - don't think I would enjoy it as much as meals at home.

It's highly unlikely I'll be cycling in a group of more than 6 again.

I plan to continue to keep my consumption of news low - it makes a huge difference to my quality of life.

Reactions: gbb

Ajax Bay

Guru
I don't expect to see the inside of a restaurant again - don't think I would enjoy it as much as meals at home.
It's highly unlikely I'll be cycling in a group of more than 6 again.
I plan to continue to keep my consumption of news low
1) Who's cooking? Your mum?
2) Why (not)? And why 6 (and not 5 or 7)?
3) You won't have heard today's great news then.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Well due to a root-and-branch reorganisation of the company I work for I managed to avoid the 25% redundancy but ended up with a different job, effective 1 Jan. I also don’t expect to have a foreign holiday any time soon, so we’re looking at becoming caravanners.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Work-wise I'm not expecting to be in a lecture with 200+ students any more. They've realised we can stream to any number of students rather than re-running lectures, which saves both space and time.

I would like to be back in teaching rooms with students; it's one of the reasons I do my job and trying to do this via a webcam makes monitoring learning and progress is very difficult.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I suspect my work world will be very challenging over the next few years, aviation has not faired well in 2020 and it's been a tough year for many. I am very fortunate and continue in my role, though I expect that to grow somewhat as others leave through VS etc.

gbb

Legendary Member
I've been going off the news over the last few years anyway, impartial my ass. The older you get, the more you realise it's all biased, one way or the other, same as anything on social media.

Touching stuff, I've found ways of not touching surfaces, I suspect that will stay with me.

Hugs with family, I've refrained where possible but I miss this,, especially with the grandkids. That's one thing that will come back asap.

Travel abroad, i want to resume and probably will...if it becomes safe to do so.

Trust in people is lost in some ways, behaviour regarding covid has shown just how stunningly stupid and selfishsome people really are.

I cant really say I've found much or anything positive in the whole situation, this year has been remarkably boring, uninteresting, one definately to forget.

Venod

Eh up
I had not bothered getting weighed for years, I did not think my weight had changed much but we got some smart scales and I was shocked to find I was approaching 13st, so I cut out chocolate and other sugery stuff and have managed to get down to my best cycling weight of 11.5 stone, the hospice shop has benefitted from several pairs of trousers and jeans, so I hope to keep to this weight.

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
I don’t expect to be back in an office working environment, permanently, ever again. I think, when things return to a bit more normal, we’ll be doing a mixture of office and home.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Pretty much done with club membership
Job (my shift pattern doesn't permit getting out with the above too often)
Avoidance of cafes - I love a coffee and cake as much as most but will endeavor to consume it outside
Group riding largely canned
Not taking a lengthy break from cycling again

Antisocial media detox, I still love the forums I'm on(even this one!) but finding the app based socials getting increasinly toxic

Top Bottom